Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-16-2014, 04:43 PM   #46
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
OK I now Hate that!
Yeah I was excited when I saw we could bulk delete but it doesn't work. Also we now have no way of knowing how many items are in our archives. Other than that I have no complaints so far.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 04:53 PM   #47
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Yeah I was excited when I saw we could bulk delete but it doesn't work. Also we now have no way of knowing how many items are in our archives. Other than that I have no complaints so far.
I have one tiny complaint, ok two...

1. There is a separate section for loans, and one for rentals, why isn't there one for Amazon purchased books?
2. When you select individual devices, I would have liked it if the books which were on the device were listed first. Or at least give us a sort option to select that.

And for reason all my personal docs are greyed out, I cannot take any action on them.

Now a question, is there a way to do an action on multiple books in cover grid mode??

EDIT: I also wouldn't mind if they added a "select all" button.

Last edited by nynaevelan; 01-16-2014 at 05:02 PM. Reason: more info
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2014, 04:53 PM   #48
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
And clear your cache if that doesn't work.
Nope in FF, Chrome, and even in the dreaded IE, with all your tips too.

Hasn't made it to my neck o' the woods yet.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 04:58 PM   #49
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
I have one tiny complaint, ok two...

1. There is a separate section for loans, and one for rentals, why isn't there one for Amazon purchased books?
2. When you select individual devices, I would have liked it if the books which were on the device were listed first. Or at least give us a sort option to select that.

And for reason all my personal docs are greyed out, I cannot take any action on them.

Now a question, is there a way to do an action on multiple books in cover grid mode??
PDocs are working for me and they are deleting correctly. *phew*

Yeah you just click on the book to select it. You can select up to 25.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:00 PM   #50
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
PDocs are working for me and they are deleting correctly. *phew*

Yeah you just click on the book to select it. You can select up to 25.
I was just coming back to update, it appears the devices I was selecting do not get pdocs. So yeah, phew pdocs are working. Sowwy...
Advert
Old 01-16-2014, 05:22 PM   #51
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:

Unless I'm missing something, it appears that "Books" is just Amazon purchases. I don't see my borrowed books or dictionaries in that filter.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:30 PM   #52
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Interestingly, the new view showed up on my HD+ yesterday evening running Firefox, but is still showing the same-old today on my laptop running Firefox. And of course both using the same accounts.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:30 PM   #53
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
Unless I'm missing something, it appears that "Books" is just Amazon purchases. I don't see my borrowed books or dictionaries in that filter.
I do, and I have a lot of them, so it would be nice i they too had a section.
Old 01-16-2014, 05:44 PM   #54
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Thanks for that information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Press the List icon in the upper-right part of the screen. It resembles four horizontal lines stacked on top of one another and is located just right of the Search icon (a magnifying glass).
I had to make my screen smaller. Now I can see that choice as well as other Amazon menus at the top of the screen.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:45 PM   #55
Carmelreader
Groupie
Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD, kindle HDX 8.9, ipad pro, ipad mini 2, Voyage, Oasis 2
Quote:
I tried deleting the loans and they acted like they were deleted but they are still there when I refreshed the page!

It seems you can no longer delete anything now.
Same here. Deleted loans and no they were back. Am hoping it is just a glitch. I spent 1/2 hour deleting only to find them back!

Though I think it is an improvement, I don't see where we can tell how many books we have on there now, and it does take forever to get to the end of the page if you have 1000s of books. And the thumbnails don't get smaller. Still like much of it.

Last edited by Carmelreader; 01-16-2014 at 06:19 PM.
Carmelreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 06:12 PM   #56
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

It is going to take me a bit to remember to be in the Cloud Library when trying to take actions. This is again like the collections, it would be nice if the ones that are not eligible for that device when you have the device selected, if they were listed at the bottom instead of intermingled into the list.

An example of a problem of this. The book shows the loan information of when it was loaned out on the Cloud view, but in the device view you get no information. Why can't you see it is not available because it is loaned in device view?? And yes I am gonna miss that count of books.
Old 01-16-2014, 06:20 PM   #57
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
There are 168 posts about the new MYK here at Amazon Forums:

http://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle/r...Tx2PK1HOAG5CQ4

It appears one's browser may affect whether one can see the new page or not. I am using Internet Explorer 11 and can see the new page. If you can't see it, maybe post your browser and version.

Its too bad they don't allow Collection Management at that page.

Here are some comments from the Amazon Forum linked above:

1. "It doesn't work well at all on IE 8. Covers are as tall as the screen, some buttons can't be seen."

2. "Not showing up in Firefox."

One must hold the Control key and use the mouse wheel to shrink that page. Then all Amazon menus are visible at the top. When I first access that page, none of the menus are visible.

Last edited by sirmaru; 01-16-2014 at 06:31 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 06:21 PM   #58
Carmelreader
Groupie
Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD, kindle HDX 8.9, ipad pro, ipad mini 2, Voyage, Oasis 2
Ok. Panning to the end of the page through all the books is overheating my laptop. Umm. It is unusually warm today, but still. And I can't get it to go farther than "Kent" in author sort. I have successfully deleted multiple books at one go, which is great. After deleting, you are right back to the beginning like it used to do, so this multi deleting is very nice. But why I can't go any farther than the Ks is beyond me.

There are also a couple of oddities. One loan book is in books, but not in loans and two Amazon guides are in books, but not the 35 of them I seem to have in guides and dicts. for which I am thankful. Seems to still have some bugs.

Title sort got to the "Ma-" and it stops. Going to go check out the Amazon forums. Btw it does this in cover and list view.

In terms of browser I am using Safari if that helps anyone.

Last edited by Carmelreader; 01-16-2014 at 06:34 PM.
Carmelreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 06:25 PM   #59
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmelreader View Post

There are also a couple of oddities. One loan book is in books, but not in loans and two Amazon guides are in books, but not the 35 of them I seem to have in guides and dicts. for which I am thankful. Seems to still have some bugs.
I noticed this too, for me I had previously deleted all but one paperwhite user guide and one dictionary. I assumed this was why only these two show up in my books section.
Old 01-16-2014, 06:36 PM   #60
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
I do, and I have a lot of them, so it would be nice i they too had a section.
I guess I don't understand? The "Books" filter appears to only show Amazon purchases. Was that not what you were looking for? Or yours shows something different?
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote