Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-01-2010, 07:58 PM   #1
smartin
smartin began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Problem converting pdf to epub

I'm trying to convert a simple pdf book to epub and it seems that every line int the pdf is turned into a paragraph in the epub. Is there a way to change the behaviour such that paragraphs are detected properly.
smartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 11:55 PM   #2
Pranananda
Connoisseur
Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.

Device: ipad, iPod touch, JetBook Lite
Have you tried the online PDF converters? I have had some success using the Adobe one that converts PDF to HTML, and then I use the HTML as input for Calibre. If you search for:

online PDF HTML conversion

you will find more than one.
Pranananda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2010, 12:06 AM   #3
Pranananda
Connoisseur
Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.

Device: ipad, iPod touch, JetBook Lite
Also, for more info on the issue of every line is a paragraph, see this thread called Improving wordwrap for Calibre and new PDF engine
Pranananda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 06:55 AM   #4
smartin
smartin began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Thanks

I followed that other thread and found that playing with the line wrap settings solved my problem.
smartin is offline   Reply With Quote