Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-02-2013, 01:33 PM   #286
BigNic
BigNic has a spectacular aura aboutBigNic has a spectacular aura aboutBigNic has a spectacular aura aboutBigNic has a spectacular aura aboutBigNic has a spectacular aura aboutBigNic has a spectacular aura aboutBigNic has a spectacular aura aboutBigNic has a spectacular aura aboutBigNic has a spectacular aura aboutBigNic has a spectacular aura aboutBigNic has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by traycold View Post
Yes, wrong version of plugin. Have a look at first post.
Sorry I wrote 11/14 as meant 12/19.

Actually plugin worked well with FW 2.3.1, until I made factory reset. Then I re-install FW 2.3.1 and then plugin. and no it doesn't work.
BigNic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:36 PM   #287
yaqwa
yaqwa began at the beginning.

Device: kobo Glo
when i click on "Shelves" i got a message to activate w-lan from time to time.
yaqwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2013, 05:58 PM   #288
Erkhyan
Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.

Device: Kobo Touch
Yup, I have the same issue with FW 2.3.2 & plugin 12/19: I work with Wi-Fi turned off at all times, and using the Shelves link almost always displays a prompt asking me whether I wish to activate it.
Erkhyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:32 AM   #289
ameer
ameer began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch (N905B)
Hi there
I have kobo touch which I'm struggling to add arabic support (the only fix is changing the extension from .epub to .kepub.epub
I discovered this source:
https://github.com/mta452/SheenFigure

I think if we can add it to the kobo firmware it will fix RTL completely
any help? for months my kobo was collecting dust because of this problem
thank you
ameer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:06 PM   #290
ameer

Hi
Can anyone make a patch to correct RTL language (Arabic/hebrew..) for kobo touch
using this source:
https://github.com/mta452/SheenFigure

or at least helping me how to do it? << completely noob in programming

thank you
Advert
Old 01-18-2013, 04:24 PM   #291
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ameer View Post
I have kobo touch which I'm struggling to add arabic support (the only fix is changing the extension from .epub to .kepub.epub
Did you try it yourself? And did it really work? If yes and you do not like this solution because of the missing annotation and highlight support you can try something. Change the language in the opf file of the epub to Japanese. Since the KT has no Arabic dictionary this change should not bother you.

Change
Code:
<dc:language>ar</dc:language>
to
Code:
<dc:language>ja</dc:language>
The device seems then to use for epubs the same reading engine as for kepubs but on the other hand it behaves somehow like the epub reading engine. I am not sure whether it works for displaying Arabic texts.

You can also search this forum for a calibre plugin for converting epub to kepub in order to have annotation support and so on in kepub.epub.

Edit: Maybe there is another solution. Are your books already epub 3.0? I downloaded the sample Arabic epub form this threat and I think it is working fine on my KT. Unfortunately, it is a huge book and opening and changing font settings and so on is time consuming.

Last edited by tshering; 01-18-2013 at 05:24 PM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:22 PM   #292
ameer

wrote a post, waited a day for it. still never posted

tshering:

I discovered that most of my epub have "en" in the opf file
actually I don't use annotation that much, it just slow

I've found that html page (that I copied to the kobo) show arabic correctly (exactly like .kepub.epub), which is very strange because browser don't support arabic

but there are some arabic letters that have some misshaping remind me of my old android phone (froyo, ginger bread), this is why I hope someone make a system patch based on "SheenFigure" source to correct the problem entirely

thank you

Last edited by ameer; 01-20-2013 at 05:24 PM.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:29 PM   #293
Loceka
Loceka began at the beginning.

Hello,

I have a Kobo Glo with firmware 2.3.1 and nothing happens when I try to install the plugin.

I've done the "default" install :
- unzip the "test-12-12-19.zip" file in .kobo
- unzip the "config.zip" file in .kobo
- disconnect and open an eBook
but nothing happened.

I also tried to put the files at the right places using telnet access :
- libpoc.so in /usr/local/Kobo
- koboplugins.ini in /mnt/onboard
with the same result (nothing happened).

So I wondered if there was something else to do or if it just doesnt work with that version or that device ?

Thanks,
Loceka.
Loceka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:58 AM   #294
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loceka View Post
Hello,

I have a Kobo Glo with firmware 2.3.1 and nothing happens when I try to install the plugin.

I've done the "default" install :
- unzip the "test-12-12-19.zip" file in .kobo
- unzip the "config.zip" file in .kobo
- disconnect and open an eBook
but nothing happened.

I also tried to put the files at the right places using telnet access :
- libpoc.so in /usr/local/Kobo
- koboplugins.ini in /mnt/onboard
with the same result (nothing happened).

So I wondered if there was something else to do or if it just doesnt work with that version or that device ?

Thanks,
Loceka.
I had to open a number of different books before the plugin finally activated. I first tried a couple of kepubs, with no result. The plugin finally activated when I opened a sideloaded epub. So maybe try opening some other books after the regular method of installing?
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:00 PM   #295
Gordo29
Connoisseur
Gordo29 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo-1st Porcelain 2nd Black, Touch, Aura, now Libra H2O
Given up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
I had to open a number of different books before the plugin finally activated. I first tried a couple of kepubs, with no result. The plugin finally activated when I opened a sideloaded epub. So maybe try opening some other books after the regular method of installing?
Like Loceka I've tried many times and tried opening kepub and epub books, but nothing has worked. I'm also using firmware 2.3.1. I've given up on trying to make it work.

Q: Do I need to remove it, and if so how do I do it?
Gordo29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:22 PM   #296
Loceka
Loceka began at the beginning.

Well I actually I finally succeded, when opening an ePub transfered via Calibre.

The kePub always fails loading the plugin while the Calibre ePub always works. But I'm not sure it would have worked if I had not manually set the plugin library in "/usr/local/Kobo" since it was not there after installing it properly.

Many thanks Mrs_Often. :-)

Last edited by Loceka; 01-26-2013 at 01:25 PM.
Loceka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:59 PM   #297
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loceka View Post
Well I actually I finally succeded, when opening an ePub transfered via Calibre.

The kePub always fails loading the plugin while the Calibre ePub always works. But I'm not sure it would have worked if I had not manually set the plugin library in "/usr/local/Kobo" since it was not there after installing it properly.

Many thanks Mrs_Often. :-)
Glad it helped for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordo29 View Post
Like Loceka I've tried many times and tried opening kepub and epub books, but nothing has worked. I'm also using firmware 2.3.1. I've given up on trying to make it work.

Sorry it didn't work for you. I'm afraid I can't help you about necessity of removing: I don't know. But, if it's not active I can't imagine it would be in the way of anything... the plugin does have an uninstall option for itself but of course you can't use that if the plugin's not active If you really want to be sure and get rid of it you could re-install the firmware manually.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:52 AM   #298
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I'm running FW 2.3.2 in my Mini with the plugin and I have a small problem. If I activate the shelves (directShelvesAccess=true), the icon for shelves appear over Sync. If I press this icon, however, although I go to the shelves, Sync is started too.
Terisa, did you solve the problem (following your success on the Mini, I'm tempted to try this plugin, but as a total non-techie, I am slightly worried of messing things up in a terminal way)?
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:13 PM   #299
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordo29 View Post

same problem here, on a Mini with firmware 2.3.1: I've tried opening pdf files, epub, kepub, but nothing seems to work. Any ideas?

EDIT: now it works! I think my problem was that I edited the .ini file but did not copy the .tgz file afterwards, so presume it did not update properly.

One other thing I noticed is that when tapping on the library I was asked whether I wanted to connect.

Anyhow, really nice, many thanks!

Last edited by paola; 01-28-2013 at 06:24 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:21 AM   #300
paola
Wizard

after playing around with it for a while, I noticed that the chapter Progressbar in Reading view is not visible, nor is the clock display in the reading Footer: is anyone else having this problem?

Also, it appears that to have the plugin work properly I have to copy back in the .kobo directory the tgz file whenever I make any changes to the .ini file - is this to be expected?

for info, below is my current .ini file:
Quote:
[Global]
compatFirmware=2.3.1
scriptSocket=true
dumpLayout=false
24hourClock=true

[Tweaks]
hideWishList=true
hideKoboShop=true
showCustomCmds=true
directShelvesAccess=true
directLibraryAccess=true

[Reader]
tweakFooter=true
showProgress=true
showClock=true

[CustomCommands]
Reboot=Plugin::executeSystemCmd("/bin/busybox reboot")
Library=Plugin::library()
Browser=Plugin:penBrowser()
KPV=Plugin::executeSystemCmd("/mnt/onboard/.kobo/kindlepdfviewer/kpdf.sh /mnt/onboard")
;WiFi=Plugin::connectWifi()
Scribble=Plugin::scribble()
Launcher=Plugin::executeSystemCmd("/mnt/onboard/.kobo/KoboLauncher/KoboLauncher.sh")

Tags
kobo, plugin