Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-05-2012, 09:30 PM   #1
kindle mike
kindle mike began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Ad-supported Kindle 4 NT - custom wallpapers?

Hello all,

I had a Kindle 3 that I payed the full $120 for to get the non-ad supported version. Unfortunately, I left it on the roof of my car and found it in the middle of the road, run over several times.

So I just bought a $79 ad-supported Kindle 4 NT. I don't want ads, and I would like custom wallpapers. Since this Kindle is technically a replacement for the ad-free Kindle that got run over, I have no moral qualms about sidestepping the system.

I used step #1 of:
http://www.pierotoffanin.com/2011/12...le-4-for-free/

I also didn't register my device when it gave me the option.

What are my options to get custom wallpapers on my device? Also, ideally I would register it so that the time would be accurate.

If this is covered elsewhere, feel free to direct me to a link. I'm new to this stuff, but don't mind jailbreaking / etc to get custom wallpapers on it.

Thanks,
Kindle Mike
kindle mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:42 PM   #2
aditya3098
Guru
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Check out my post on time on an unregistard kindle
aditya3098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2012, 02:38 AM   #3
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Moderator Notice
Mobileread disapproves of and does not condone circumventing the display of advertisements in advertisement-subsidized devices.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:08 AM   #4
howyoudoin
how YOU doin?
howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, iPad Pro 10.5”, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindle mike View Post
Hello all,

I had a Kindle 3 that I payed the full $120 for to get the non-ad supported version. Unfortunately, I left it on the roof of my car and found it in the middle of the road, run over several times.

So I just bought a $79 ad-supported Kindle 4 NT. I don't want ads, and I would like custom wallpapers. Since this Kindle is technically a replacement for the ad-free Kindle that got run over, I have no moral qualms about sidestepping the system.
Nah, you could have bought a regular non-ad-supported replacement. The first kindle getting smashed was your mistake.
howyoudoin is offline   Reply With Quote