Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-29-2011, 06:23 PM   #1
Iskariot
Zealot
Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950 Daily Edition, Kobo Aura HD
A question of selection

I have a question about selecting multiple tag categories (I'll try to explain what I mean).

For example I have multiple categories (tags) of science fiction, like SciFi[Cyberpunk], SciFi[General], SciFi[Hard] etc.

If I want to select all those SciFi categories I use control en click with left mouse on the tags I want selected. The green crosses appear, but the selection screen is totally empty. No books are shown.

What am I doing wrong?
Iskariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 08:48 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iskariot View Post
If I want to select all those SciFi categories I use control en click with left mouse on the tags I want selected. The green crosses appear, but the selection screen is totally empty. No books are shown.
Before you start clicking look below the tag browser and change it from Match All to Match Any, then do as you described.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2011, 08:56 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
I have a question about selecting multiple tag categories (I'll try to explain what I mean).

For example I have multiple categories (tags) of science fiction, like SciFi[Cyberpunk], SciFi[General], SciFi[Hard] etc.

What am I doing wrong?
Wat Walt says
ALSO
be advised the [tags inside] are ignored when generationg catalogs

you might consider using a dot as the hierarchical separator Science Fiction.Military
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:14 AM   #4
Iskariot
Zealot
Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Before you start clicking look below the tag browser and change it from Match All to Match Any, then do as you described.
Aaah. Thank you so much Dwanthny, you are so helpful.

Quote:
Wat Walt says
ALSO
be advised the [tags inside] are ignored when generationg catalogs
I had no idea. Thanks for the info, TheDucks. I have not yet felt the need to generate a catalog. I'll have to think about that. I do not like using dots.

Dots do not cause any problems in any way? For example on my sony reader?
Old 08-30-2011, 10:59 AM   #5
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
This link should be helpful regarding theducks' suggestion.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2011, 09:30 AM   #6
Iskariot
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
This link should be helpful regarding theducks' suggestion.
Manichean, that is a worthwhile read. Thank you for providing the link.

The article describes a very cool genre system, but I have a question. How is all this translated to my Sony Reader?
Because that is my foremost concern. If my Sony Reader can not use this, I have no real practical use for it. It must be compatible with the Sony Reader Collections. The somewhat cumbersome genre tags I use are compatible. They translate very well to collections on the Sony Reader.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:14 AM   #7
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
The article describes a very cool genre system, but I have a question. How is all this translated to my Sony Reader?
Because that is my foremost concern. If my Sony Reader can not use this, I have no real practical use for it. It must be compatible with the Sony Reader Collections. The somewhat cumbersome genre tags I use are compatible. They translate very well to collections on the Sony Reader.
I don't own a Sony, so I can't really say, but I think you can change what metadata fields collections should be built from in the device interface plugin. Go to preferences -> plugins -> device interface plugins and look for the Sony plugin.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 04:04 PM   #8
Iskariot
Zealot

Thanks Manichean.

Tags
selection, tags