Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 07-14-2011, 09:55 AM   #1
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
FANaTics Anonymous

Hi. My name is HomeInMyShoes and I’m a fantasy-authors-named-terry-ic (FANaTic). I was compiling a list of books I’ve read over my lifetime which is staggeringly incomplete at the moment and I noticed a rather large section devoted to authors named Terry. Goodkind, Pratchett, Brooks. 44 books. 21,000+ pages. Is that healthy? Pratchett, 1,700+ pages. Goodkind, 8,700+ pages. Brooks, 11,000+ pages . I’m re-reading the Heritage of Shannara. No joke. Again. I thought I was done with Brooks, but I picked up the first of the Word and the Void and it was the best yet. Those three books are the reason I started re-reading Heritage.

I look at the number of pages read and the time spent. There’s so much I could have read. Been wiser. Been more well informed.

I need help. I’ve already got another Pratchett book bought and on the Kindle. I’m eyeing a Brooks new release. I’m tempted by another Goodkind title.

Someone?

Anyone?
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 04:50 AM   #2
Todd Young
Addict
Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
Read for pleasure. If not for that, then why else?

I suppose I set out to educate myself by reading, though that is mainly because I want to be a better writer, and I try to read writers whose work I wish to analyse. Still, though, I am reading for pleasure. If I don't like an author's work, then there's probably not too much I want to learn from them.

That said, you do seem to have a Terry problem.

Last edited by Todd Young; 07-16-2011 at 04:53 AM.
Todd Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2011, 07:19 PM   #3
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Could be worse, what if it was a James or a John Problem.
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 06:40 AM   #4
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Hmmm...it might be more variety and I could talk about John Steinbeck or James Joyce and not be embarrassed around the literati.

I usually read for pleasure, well okay, I slogged through Moby Dick the one time when I didn't enjoy it that much. Parts were good, but a lot just read like a gigantic book on whaling terms. I think it more boils down to fall back authors. You're at the bookstore, times running out, plane to catch, what do you pick up?
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:22 AM   #5
nikkers
tragic
nikkers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nikkers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nikkers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nikkers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nikkers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nikkers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nikkers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nikkers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nikkers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nikkers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nikkers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPAQ classic
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
Hi. My name is HomeInMyShoes and I’m a fantasy-authors-named-terry-ic (FANaTic). I was compiling a list of books I’ve read over my lifetime which is staggeringly incomplete at the moment and I noticed a rather large section devoted to authors named Terry. Goodkind, Pratchett, Brooks. 44 books. 21,000+ pages. Is that healthy? Pratchett, 1,700+ pages. Goodkind, 8,700+ pages. Brooks, 11,000+ pages . I’m re-reading the Heritage of Shannara. No joke. Again. I thought I was done with Brooks, but I picked up the first of the Word and the Void and it was the best yet. Those three books are the reason I started re-reading Heritage.

I look at the number of pages read and the time spent. There’s so much I could have read. Been wiser. Been more well informed.

I need help. I’ve already got another Pratchett book bought and on the Kindle. I’m eyeing a Brooks new release. I’m tempted by another Goodkind title.

Someone?

Anyone?
It just proves fantasy authors need a good editor , are right wing and full mof themselves or are just full of sh**t. They don't need to be named Terry either , the Davids are bad too- Drake Webber etc.:
nikkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert