Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 11-27-2010, 05:49 AM   #1
ratulb
ratulb began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Financial Times Print Edition - Sub sections

Hi,

Could anyone give me some pointers to how I could update the Financial Times recipe to group the articles into seb-sections (as the website does into various tabs)? I think it would make the FT eBook a lot more navigable. The Economist recipe already does this grouping into subsections.

Thanks

Ratul
ratulb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 08:05 AM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratulb View Post
Could anyone give me some pointers to how I could update the Financial Times recipe to group the articles into seb-sections (as the website does into various tabs)? ... The Economist recipe already does this grouping into subsections.
The FT uses RSS feeds. The Economist uses parse_index and builds its own feeds, splitting up subsections as it goes. You can either build your own sorted feeds using parse_index, or convert the RSS feeds to virtual feeds and sort. There's code for the conversion in the sticky code thread.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
ft sections