Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-29-2013, 09:37 PM   #1
niagara94
Enthusiast
niagara94 began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note Pro
Exclamation Adding Recently Added Kindle Books to Calibre

I'm confused - I was trying to add my most recently added Kindle books to Calibre (I just recopied the directory from my tablet to a folder on my hard drive and then selected "Add books from directory including subs, multiple books per directory, each book file a different book") and most of my new books don't show up. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I would add them individually but the thing is I don't know how to pick out the correct ones as the names of the files are alpha numeric and when I look at the directory of the books that are on my tablet I can get it to show the date modified but there seems to be no connection to the date modified and which books are the recent ones. I've tried adding books here and there from my collection but the problem is I have around 1,500 books so it's really hard to pick through and find what is new. That's why I just recopied the Kindle directory from my tablet to my computer. I was puzzled when the new ones didn't show up. Any help would be *greatly* appreciated! Thanks!
niagara94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:18 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Go to your manage my kindle page on amazon and download the files from there, as long as you dont have too many, it is easier.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:49 PM   #3
niagara94
Enthusiast

Hi - Thanks for your reply. How do I get them to go to my PC rather than my tablet? Thanks.
Old 03-30-2013, 06:14 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by niagara94 View Post
Hi - Thanks for your reply. How do I get them to go to my PC rather than my tablet? Thanks.
Use your PC (Assumes you must have installed Kindle PC app)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:20 PM   #5
niagara94
Enthusiast

Ok - thanks for your reply!
Old 04-07-2013, 01:07 PM   #6
jangell2
Addict
jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Question

I've got a different situation. I've got kindle books purchased thru Amazon, they're on my kindle, but I don't know how to get them into my Calibre library. I'm running Calibre on an iMac, OS 10.7.5. My Calibre version is 0.8.53.

It's not clear to me how I get them into Calibre. Thanks for your help.
jangell2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:17 PM   #7
jangell2
Addict
jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Well, never mind. I highlighted the books, right clicked, and there was add to library. So they are in the library.
jangell2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:48 PM   #8
niagara94
Enthusiast

Hi - I tried to add my books to Calibre via my PC but that didn't work. I can't find the location that it stores the books to know where to point Calibre to look. I found three free books in the Kindle folder but the other books that I download aren't there. Any ideas where they might be stored? Or something else I can try?

Quote:
Originally Posted by niagara94 View Post
I'm confused - I was trying to add my most recently added Kindle books to Calibre (I just recopied the directory from my tablet to a folder on my hard drive and then selected "Add books from directory including subs, multiple books per directory, each book file a different book") and most of my new books don't show up. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I would add them individually but the thing is I don't know how to pick out the correct ones as the names of the files are alpha numeric and when I look at the directory of the books that are on my tablet I can get it to show the date modified but there seems to be no connection to the date modified and which books are the recent ones. I've tried adding books here and there from my collection but the problem is I have around 1,500 books so it's really hard to pick through and find what is new. That's why I just recopied the Kindle directory from my tablet to my computer. I was puzzled when the new ones didn't show up. Any help would be *greatly* appreciated! Thanks!
Old 04-11-2013, 01:55 PM   #9
niagara94
Enthusiast

I found it It's in my user folder under my documents and my Kindle content.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:01 PM   #10
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
EDIT: Nevermind you found them while I was typing.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote