Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 02-03-2012, 05:18 PM   #1
duelle
duelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kindle PW
PerfectViewer and hardware buttons

I'm currently using the hacked version of PerfectViewer that maps the arrows to volume up and down, which is nice. However, it's a pretty old version and doesn't allow you to edit the quickbar. My question is, does anyone know what was done to hacked version to allow the use of the arrow keys and how I might do the same to the current version?
duelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:56 PM   #2
pe1dnn
Enthusiast
pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by duelle View Post
I'm currently using the hacked version of PerfectViewer that maps the arrows to volume up and down, which is nice.
I tried that hacked version but on first use my T1 switched to demo mode. I thought it was related to the hack, so I installed a non patched version, in my case 1.7.1.2.

The none patched version seems to work fine, however no HW buttons. That is, until this morning. This morning my T1 was stuck in demo mode again after using Perfect Viewer.

So there seems to be an issue with Perfect Viewer which sometimes causes the T1 to enter demo mode. This is especially annoying when this happens on the road and you do not recall how to get out of the demo mode.

Last edited by pe1dnn; 02-11-2012 at 04:26 PM.
pe1dnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 02:17 AM   #3
nugstar
nugstar doesn't litternugstar doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-T1 AMR
Sorry to bump an old thread, but my questions seems most appropriately put here.

The latest version of Perfect Viewer, 1.8.0.1, has an inbuilt hardware button management system. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get the buttons working. My gpio-key.kl file says DPad_Left and DPad_Right and 125 and 126 respectively, but these numbers don't work when entered into the Hardware Button settings. Other threads suggest 105, 106 as the key ID's but these don't work either.

Has anyone managed to get it working?
nugstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:53 AM   #4
robyshot
Enthusiast
robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony Prs T1
i tried that too, but no luck
robyshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:33 PM   #5
ladysveil
ladysveil began at the beginning.

Device: PRT-T1, Story HD (in Brick)
do you find PerfectViewer patched for sony t1
Acting like 'CoolReader'

Perfect Viewer free (v1.8.0.1) Patch for Sony PRS-T1 below link<English does not support>
http://fairworld.tistory.com/323

And he explains how to modify it (The prerequisite. App to support the volume keys.)
http://translate.google.co.kr/transl...tory.com%2F320
ladysveil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 05:23 PM   #6
altruizine
Senior Altruist
altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox C67ML, Onyx Boox Note Pro
The pgdn hack I posted in this other thread may be of interest.
altruizine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:35 AM   #7
fairworld
fairworld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!fairworld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!fairworld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!fairworld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!fairworld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!fairworld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!fairworld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!fairworld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!fairworld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!fairworld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!fairworld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Talking oh it's me...

I am using T1

and I used to patched apps

Amazon Kindle, Perfect Viewer, Moon Reader...

I can share that in english...

thanks for visiting my blog...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladysveil View Post
do you find PerfectViewer patched for sony t1
Acting like 'CoolReader'

Perfect Viewer free (v1.8.0.1) Patch for Sony PRS-T1 below link<English does not support>
http://fairworld.tistory.com/323

And he explains how to modify it (The prerequisite. App to support the volume keys.)
http://translate.google.co.kr/transl...tory.com%2F320
fairworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:50 AM   #8
greens
Connoisseur
greens began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hello guys! So does perfectviewer works perfectly with the 1.8.0.1. patched version?

I need to buy the first ereader for books and manga: do you feel that the rooted sony t1 + perfectviewer 1.8.0.1 patched is a good choice for reading manga? or would be better if I take a kindle4?

Thanks -a lot- for your help!
greens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:31 AM   #9
fairworld
fairworld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!fairworld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!fairworld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!fairworld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!fairworld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!fairworld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!fairworld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!fairworld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!fairworld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!fairworld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!fairworld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by greens View Post
Hello guys! So does perfectviewer works perfectly with the 1.8.0.1. patched version?

I need to buy the first ereader for books and manga: do you feel that the rooted sony t1 + perfectviewer 1.8.0.1 patched is a good choice for reading manga? or would be better if I take a kindle4?

Thanks -a lot- for your help!
Yes it is...

It works perfectly...

I patched that app... :-)
fairworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:31 AM   #10
greens
Connoisseur
greens began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by fairworld View Post
Yes it is...

It works perfectly...

I patched that app... :-)
thank you @fairworld! I wish to ask you what do you did with the patch is only assign the physical buttons to the PRS-T1, or did it needed other fixes?
do you can tell me please if the new root procedure for rooting the PRS-T1 fix completly the demo mode (I heard this, there is now a new rooting procedure, and maybe it have cancelled the demo mode)? I have found a used (not rooted) T1 and I want to buy it if they give to me a nice price. I know that there is a procedure for exiting the demo mode it is this: http://www.kb.sony.com/selfservice/m...2148&stateId=1

But I'm afraid about one theory that I though: if it's true that the newest root procedure have totally fixed (completel cancelled) the demo mode from the device. in case of a glich like that one guy that had in this topic (he was running perfectviewer on a T1 when fell in the demo mode for a glitch), now without the demo mode on the new root version, what would happend in a glitch case? I'm afraid it could fall in a black screen without the possibility of going out: what do you belive about it?

Thanks for your help, I'm sorry for my bad english I hope the message is understandable. Have a nice day!

Last edited by greens; 09-09-2012 at 06:35 AM.
greens is offline   Reply With Quote