Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-11-2011, 09:11 AM   #121
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
v1.7.0 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Switch the formatter used for resolving foreign names as the "new" SafeFormat is broken for this plugin's purposes.
  • Upgrade to support the centralised keyboard shortcut management in Calibre

Requires Calibre 0.8.18. As per the commetns I made on the Open With plugin thread, any keyboard shortcuts you have configured previously will be lost when upgrading to this version (but not your custom menus themselves). You can reassign shortcuts using Preferences->Toolbar or from the Customise Plugin screen for this plugin.

This release should also fix the bug reported above from a regression in Calibre's SafeFormat template function, and should now have no issues with passing non-english names through to website searches.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 01:10 AM   #122
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
With new google image search we can drop images into the search bar and it returns similar images. I was wondering would it be possible to send covers for searching this way. Once I select a cover I would like to be able to find the same cover with the best resolution. Or some covers have stickers on top like special edition etc it would allow to find a clean cover.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 03:22 AM   #123
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The problem is that Google does some fancy internal logic on drag/drop to turn the image data for the image you dropped into encoded text of simg=XXXX in the url. If someone can figure out what the encoding is then maybe it would be possible to support it, but without that it is a non-starter imho.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:38 AM   #124
enriquep
Connoisseur
enriquep shines like a glazed doughnut.enriquep shines like a glazed doughnut.enriquep shines like a glazed doughnut.enriquep shines like a glazed doughnut.enriquep shines like a glazed doughnut.enriquep shines like a glazed doughnut.enriquep shines like a glazed doughnut.enriquep shines like a glazed doughnut.enriquep shines like a glazed doughnut.enriquep shines like a glazed doughnut.enriquep shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-T3
Adding an item: Help with URL

Hello everyone.

I am tyrying to add Lecturalia as a source to the plugin (www.lecturalia.com, an acceptable reference site for Spanish language books). Lecturalia's search URL is
Code:
http://www.lecturalia.com/libros/s/book-title-in-lowercase
After several attempts from my side (including browsing the messages in this thread, trying to understand the basics of the "calibre template language" as explained in its help webpage, experimenting with this and that code...) I haven't been able to solve my problem, and I confess that I am still 99% lost with tokens, functions, etc. However, it seems to me that it must be VERY simple (¿?), so sorry for asking and thank you for your time.

I've managed to replace the +'s that the plugin puts in the title spaces by -'s, as required by this particular website:
Code:
http://www.lecturalia.com/libros/s/{title:re(\+,-)}
BUT i still need to make another change: the "book-title" chain has to be in lowercase. I am aware that there is a lowercase() function, and I've tried combining it with the re(\+,-)... unsuccessfully for now.

Any hints will be very appreciated.

Best from sunny Madrid,
-Enrique
enriquep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 12:44 PM   #125
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

enriquep - I'm afraid I have never taken the time to get my head around the syntax for those template expressions either beyond the few I have needed. I will PM chaley if he doesn't spot this thread, as he is the developer behind that template language and if he can't answer you no-one can
Old 09-22-2011, 01:02 PM   #126
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by enriquep View Post
I've managed to replace the +'s that the plugin puts in the title spaces by -'s, as required by this particular website:
Code:
http://www.lecturalia.com/libros/s/{title:re(\+,-)}
BUT i still need to make another change: the "book-title" chain has to be in lowercase. I am aware that there is a lowercase() function, and I've tried combining it with the re(\+,-)... unsuccessfully for now.
The problem is that in single function mode (which you are using), you cannot nest function calls. To avoid this restriction you should use template program mode or general program mode.

Try this using template program mode
Code:
http://www.lecturalia.com/libros/s/{title:'lowercase(re($, '\+', '-'))'}
or this in general program mode
Code:
program: strcat('http://www.lecturalia.com/libros/s/', lowercase(re(field('title'), '\+', '-')))
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 05:25 AM   #127
Aleyst
Zealot
Aleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with others

Device: PW (7th Gen), PW (10th Gen)
Just a quick question,
I can't seem to figure out the correct url for searching exact dimensions on google via this plugin, so I can add it to my plug-in.

Does anyone know the url to put in the plugin?

Cheers,
Aleyst
Aleyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 05:35 AM   #128
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleyst View Post
I can't seem to figure out the correct url for searching exact dimensions on google via this plugin, so I can add it to my plug-in.
Import the attachment on this post.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 05:40 AM   #129
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

The link dwanthny sent is probably the best way for you.

Incidentally I think I also made that link one of the defaults included with the latest version of the plugin. So first-time users will see it available. For existing users, you have to click on the "Reset to defaults" button in the configuration dialog (however you would lose what menus you had checked and any customised urls unless you export them and re-import them).
Old 09-23-2011, 06:00 AM   #130
Aleyst
Zealot
Aleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with others

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
The link dwanthny sent is probably the best way for you.

Incidentally I think I also made that link one of the defaults included with the latest version of the plugin. So first-time users will see it available. For existing users, you have to click on the "Reset to defaults" button in the configuration dialog (however you would lose what menus you had checked and any customised urls unless you export them and re-import them).
The only one I saw was for images larger than... I'm after exact, I'm too lazy to type in the measurements all the time

Thanks though, and that link actually was to the > 400x300, that is already included with the plugin, I'm a fanatic about updating so I always have the latest versions of plugins and of calibre itself.
Old 09-23-2011, 06:08 AM   #131
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
The only one I saw was for images larger than... I'm after exact, I'm too lazy to type in the measurements all the time
I'm curious, what kind of images are you looking for? I assumed you were looking for covers but asking for an exact match will limit or eliminate your choices.

Quote:
Thanks though, and that link actually was to the > 400x300, that is already included with the plugin, I'm a fanatic about updating so I always have the latest versions of plugins and of calibre itself.
Unless I'm mistaken, having the latest version of this plugin does not mean you will have the latest packaged search options, unless you take the steps kiwidude outlined every time you update the plugin.
Old 09-23-2011, 06:17 AM   #132
Aleyst
Zealot

90% of the time when I update, I start from scratch, I'm always finding things I want to change, so It's usually a complete fresh install.
However I didn't know about that, so thanks for that information.

I am looking for covers, restricting/limiting is the idea. I'm looking for particular aspect ratios so. And basically since the overdrive metadata search is still not working.. as far as i can tell.. I go looking via google.

But as I said, I'm a bit lazy, Search the book, then change the measurements is all well and good for a few books, but I'm gradually going through my library, so, tired hands. lol.

----

Please ignore the sentence structure, it's quite terrible.

Last edited by Aleyst; 09-23-2011 at 06:25 AM.
Old 09-23-2011, 06:24 AM   #133
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
90% of the time when I update, I start from scratch, I'm always finding things I want to change, so It's usually a complete fresh install.
Unless you also delete the configuration folder, all of your preferences and settings are saved and not overwritten.

Quote:
I am looking for covers, restricting/limiting is the idea. I'm looking for particular aspect ratios so. And basically since the overdrive metadata search is still not working.. as far as i can tell.. I go looking via google.
You might want to add the Barnes & Noble, Goodreads, and Fantastic Fiction metadata download plugins. Between the three of them I can usually find a decent cover.
Old 09-23-2011, 06:43 AM   #134
Aleyst
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Unless you also delete the configuration folder, all of your preferences and settings are saved and not overwritten.
When I say from scratch, I mean it I run calibre portable, as i jump between two computers at least 2-3 times a day, so I install in the root of the drive, dl the plugins, create my columns and such, then move the whole lot to my Portable Apps folder. Then re-import my books (Yes, I seem to get more enjoyment out of organizing than reading atm, desperately awaiting my b'day/xmas pressie of an iPad, then I shall read.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
You might want to add the Barnes & Noble, Goodreads, and Fantastic Fiction metadata download plugins. Between the three of them I can usually find a decent cover.
As for those, I have them. And they rock my world.

So, for now, until I can figure out what all the crazy letter/number blah they have on the url is, I shall forge ahead by hand!

to both of you.

Cheers,
Aleyst
Old 09-23-2011, 06:54 AM   #135
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
When I say from scratch, I mean it I run calibre portable, as i jump between two computers at least 2-3 times a day, so I install in the root of the drive, dl the plugins, create my columns and such, then move the whole lot to my Portable Apps folder. Then re-import my books (Yes, I seem to get more enjoyment out of organizing than reading atm, desperately awaiting my b'day/xmas pressie of an iPad, then I shall read.)
That's a lot of hoops to jump through. I use portable too in my Dropbox and just follow the upgrade policy from Calibre's site.

Quote:
Upgrading

If you want to upgrade a previous version of calibre portable, download the latest version from here and replace the "Calibre Library" and "Calibre Settings" folders in your new download with the same folders from you old calibre portable.
But whatever procedure suits you best is great.

Quote:
to both of you.
You're Welcome.

Tags
book details, search the internet