Notices

Old 10-23-2009, 08:56 AM   #76
quarkonics
quarkonics began at the beginning.

Device: eslick
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by zlds View Post
I used this software. I found it no good for CROP PDF files. Big problem is it made font to become so big. I could read it by my sony prs 600.
I'd like to share my script for papercrop that is supposed to resolve this issue.
It tries to resolve 4 issues in all:
1. sometime papercrop may crash, according to my experiment, it happens when calling postprocessimage when some small rects are processed. So I'd try to work around this issue by always do postprocessimage for whole page
2. this script will find max rect in the page, and scale that rect to match your device width, and scale other rects with similar ratio. (seems width is not exported for image, so I take a not-so-accurate way)
3. after the work done in 3. all rects will be concate vertically, and will be split to pages that match your device size.
4. ratio of height to width larger than 5 is dropped, since no reading blocks are in this shape. surely, you could remove this part, if you don't like it
quarkonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 02:59 PM   #77
sankar10
sankar10 began at the beginning.

Device: HANLIN V3
Thank You for this wonderful software . It makes previously unreadable pdf readable in bebook . good work
sankar10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 09:16 AM   #78
Nathan Campos
Groupie
Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX & Kindle (2011)
Thanks very much for this very useful tool!
Nathan Campos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 12:21 PM   #79
panou
panou began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 505
hello

hi,
thanx for the tool. I have a problem with a approx 2000 page pdf book. The cropping starts and at 600 page shows up a window with an error: mallock failed or something. I have tried to split the file with nitro and the papercrop doesn't want to crop the extracted pages. Have you got any suggestions for this problem. Thank you in advance.
panou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 09:44 AM   #80
ziegl027
Addict
ziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony Touch, Kindle DXG
Stupid question

So, after I process the file, how do I save it somewhere so I can get it on the reader?? I see the page with the crop boxes outlined, and it looks fine, but can't seem to figure out how to get the final rearranged document?
ziegl027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 02:55 PM   #81
Taesoo Kwon
Enthusiast
Taesoo Kwon doesn't litterTaesoo Kwon doesn't litter

Device: Kobo wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziegl027 View Post
So, after I process the file, how do I save it somewhere so I can get it on the reader??
Click process all pages button. Output will be in the same folder as the input file.
Taesoo Kwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 04:42 AM   #82
bthoven
Evangelist
bthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hi,

I have this document which is two pages per pdf page, how to specify the right option to make it on page per pdf page?

Thanks in advance.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf book106.pdf (756.5 KB, 1031 views)
bthoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 09:55 AM   #83
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bthoven View Post
Hi,

I have this document which is two pages per pdf page, how to specify the right option to make it on page per pdf page?

Thanks in advance.
Can't at the moment help you split the pages - but isn't that Ajahn Mun?
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 10:34 AM   #84
bthoven
Evangelist
bthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Yes, the book is about Ajarn Mun. I've tried "Portrait - Fit image to screen", and it did split pages for me; but it also produces a number of blank pages in between.

I then use pdfmanipulate.exe in Calibre to split it into many files by skipping those blank pages; to my surprise, when I merge those files with pdfmanipulate merge, those blank pages came back!
bthoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 08:30 AM   #85
Taesoo Kwon
Enthusiast
Taesoo Kwon doesn't litterTaesoo Kwon doesn't litter

Device: Kobo wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by bthoven View Post
I've tried "Portrait - Fit image to screen", and it did split pages for me; but it also produces a number of blank pages in between.
If you use the latest version on the googlecode page, you can pretrim the borders (using crop T, crop B, crop L, crop R). Then choose "Portrait - Fit image to screen" should not produce blank pages.
Taesoo Kwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 05:10 PM   #86
nelson7lim
Connoisseur
nelson7lim began at the beginning.

Device: nook
how do i manually crop the pages? i get an error saying page compare to nil or somthing. error 87.
nelson7lim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 07:30 PM   #87
thrawn_aj
quantum mechanic
thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook1, Samsung Transform, Nook2
Old post I know, but I just found this and it's just perfect for reading research papers on my nook. Excellent piece of software! Thanks a million!
thrawn_aj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:46 AM   #88
louislaolu
louislaolu began at the beginning.

Device: iriver cover story
Thanks for this fantastic prgramme!
Could anyone please tell me how I can edit the config.lua to achieve a higer resolution?
The default resolution is not eye-friendly enough!
louislaolu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 06:23 AM   #89
oldmankit
oldmankit began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
No output

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiffel View Post
=X=,

Sure that you still have a line like
nr_of_pages_per_pdf_book = 100;
somewhere ?

If that is the case, it can't hurt to put a line like
book_pages:init(1);
just before the line
function outputImage(image, outdir, pageNo, rectNo)

Anyway it's strange. The file works fine for me.

Good luck,

Wilfried
I had the same problem, and it went away by following this advice.

However, the output directory is empty. I can't find any output pdfs or jpgs anywhere? A folder is created with the same name as the original pdf, but after having pressed 'process', it remains empty.

Interestingly I'm trying this under windows and linux (with wine), and had the exact same original problem (lua error), fixed it, but have the remaining no output problem!
oldmankit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 07:12 AM   #90
oldmankit
oldmankit began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Still patiently(?) waiting for some help on this...

If there's no solution to my problem, does anyone know of any software that does something similar? I'm guessing the answer is 'no', in which case getting it to work is even more important!
oldmankit is offline   Reply With Quote