Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Upload Help

Notices

Old 05-22-2007, 04:35 AM   #91
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
All the goodness knows how many volumes of it? Not my idea of "fun", I'm afraid. I think I'll stick to detective stories .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 06:53 PM   #92
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
I hope to get the third volume of Proust's 'Remembrance of Things Past' up at the weekend or thereabouts, then will work on the others.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2007, 03:18 AM   #93
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I am currently working on Doctor Dolittle's Garden by Hugh Lofting. It comes with illustrations that are mostly in B&W. I'm formatting it in HTML and using html2lrf to convert. As my wife and I leave for Florida on Thursday, I'm not sure I'll be able ot get this done in time. If it's not done in time, It'll have to wait till sometime next week as we get back on Tuesday. But as all I have to do is finish the table of contents (rather long) and put in the page breaks, I might get it done in time.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 03:20 AM   #94
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Best to take your time and do it "right" rather than rush it. Are you planning to do the other three DD books on PG Australia too?
Old 05-23-2007, 04:43 AM   #95
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Working on Tobias Smollett - "Peregrine Pickle"......

....and plan to do all the Smollett I can find. (I was actually ready to do the chapter links when BD crashed and somehow reverted back to an earlier file. My computer was crazy, however, and I couldn't get back to "last file" to see if Pickle was still available. I had to start ALL OVER FROM SCRATCH! ) Argghghgghg!!!!!

Literature from this time period had lengthy chapter descriptions, so I'm going to include that. I want to do this as "right" as possible, although I'm not planning to add illustrations. This is a HUGE book, by the way. You have to like literature from the 1700s to enjoy this. Again, if you find yourself loving the artfulness of Tom Jones, then you should appreciate some of Smollett's work, although it's of a cruder nature (in my opinion) but still great fun. (You have to like LONG paragraphs!)

I also plan to do Tom Jones, by Fielding. If you like Tom Jones, then you'll like the earthiness and bawdiness of Smollett's works.

Anyway, I have hours of work as I start over again. Unfortunately, I have to go to my day job. To paraphrase someone else here: "So little time to upload, and too much time in a paying job!"

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 05-23-2007 at 04:51 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2007, 05:28 AM   #96
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib
(I was actually ready to do the chapter links when BD crashed and somehow reverted back to an earlier file. My computer was crazy, however, and I couldn't get back to "last file" to see if Pickle was still available. I had to start ALL OVER FROM SCRATCH! ) Argghghgghg!!!!!
Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt . Infuriating, isn't it? I've learned now to exit BD every once in a while and make a physical copy of the "LastFile" folder, just in case...

Sorry to hear it happened to you, too. It's so infuriating.
Old 05-23-2007, 06:30 AM   #97
dhbailey
Guru
dhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enough

Device: HP iPAQ211 / PRS 500, 700 and 505
I'm sorry to hear that Smollett crashed in BD for you -- must be all that bawdy behavior and exciting adventure!

I'll be very happy when you finally have success with this stuff -- might you be working on Laurence Sterne (Tristram Shandy and others), complete with illustrations?
dhbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 06:35 AM   #98
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

If you want a specific book doing, the best way to get it done is to do it yourself. It's not difficult, and (at least when BD behaves itself) is great fun. Why not have a go yourself?
Old 05-23-2007, 04:40 PM   #99
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
My next one is a major project that is not available on Project Gutenberg, it is City of God by Saint Augustine.

It runs about 700 pages in Word so it will be a fairly large LRF file when finished.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 06:20 PM   #100
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf
I am currently working on Doctor Dolittle's Garden by Hugh Lofting. It comes with illustrations that are mostly in B&W. I'm formatting it in HTML and using html2lrf to convert. As my wife and I leave for Florida on Thursday, I'm not sure I'll be able ot get this done in time. If it's not done in time, It'll have to wait till sometime next week as we get back on Tuesday. But as all I have to do is finish the table of contents (rather long) and put in the page breaks, I might get it done in time.
I managed to get it done. Check the forum for this book. The TOC looks so good. Have a look just for that if nothing else.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 08:11 PM   #101
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I love Tristram Shandy....

I wonder what the black page will look like. Perhaps it'll look.... BLACK!

Don
Old 05-26-2007, 06:59 AM   #102
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Currently working on "Gil Blas" - by Alain-Rene LeSage

a massive tome close to 2,000 screens. I'm about 1/3 through it right now. It'll have about 12-15 illustrations, garnered from the First Edition. The work is translated my Tobias Smollett.

If you like Cervantes (my possible next project? - unless I'm pre-empted, which is ok) and are fascinated by picaresque novels in general (such as Tom Jones and the [eventual] complete Smollett I want to do), then you might enjoy Gil Blas.

Gil Blas has had an enduring influence on the development of the novel.

This is an important novel. I know these works of older literature don't have as many hits and downloads as the more "popular" stuff, but I still feel compelled to make this available for our community.

I hope you'll enjoy it when it's completed.

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 05-26-2007 at 07:06 AM.
Old 05-26-2007, 07:45 AM   #103
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

I share your love of early novels, Don. Samuel Richardson ("Pamela", "Clarissa") and Henry Fielding ("Tom Jones"), both writing in the 1740s, are generally considered to be the originators of the English Novel. I certainly think it's important to get into this library the books which form the cornerstone of a form of literature which has been so influential.
Old 05-28-2007, 01:03 PM   #104
Roy White
Evangelist
Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
As a Certified Macdonald fanatic I'm working on compiling all his short fairy tales into a Collection. I think I may have to search far and wide for Illustrations for it.

The thing is, I've been freely using any pics I find on the net as Illustrations in my books. (I'd never put innapropriate ones in) Since we are uploading the books here for all to use, are there any copyright issues with doing this?
Roy White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 04:14 PM   #105
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib
If you like Cervantes (my possible next project? - unless I'm pre-empted, which is ok) and are fascinated by picaresque novels in general (such as Tom Jones and the [eventual] complete Smollett I want to do), then you might enjoy Gil Blas.Don
I did post a text only version of Don Q, Part I as part of the Harvard Classics series.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote