Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-20-2015, 08:15 PM   #16
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Can you provide the link for the $50 one, please?

I'd like to at least take a look at it.

Thanks.

ADDED: I found it!

Here it is:

http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Harva...rvard+classics
There have been only two times I've spent that much for books. One was when I bought my copy of the Oxford Shakespeare back in 1989 (I used wages earned at Boy Scout camp the 2nd yr I worked at one) and the other was yrs after that when I bought a used copy of the complete "Story of Civilization" by Will and Ariel Durant. Since each book of the 11 book series was $25-$30 a piece brand new I got a bargain that day.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 08:25 AM   #17
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Yeah, I cannot believe they are charging that much for a compilation of public domain materials.

Crich, Shakespeare was my most expensive book purchase too. I needed it for a course in university, pre-eBook days. The Norton Shakespeare, at $85, was my most expensive textbook purchase.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 09:44 AM   #18
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I certainly won't be paying $50 for that ebook set - for a hardback set in Fine condition [a graded condition], I would jump at it.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 10:37 PM   #19
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
Yeah, I cannot believe they are charging that much for a compilation of public domain materials.

Crich, Shakespeare was my most expensive book purchase too. I needed it for a course in university, pre-eBook days. The Norton Shakespeare, at $85, was my most expensive textbook purchase.
I didn't need it for school in my case. I'd just always wanted my own copy of his works and there were no used bookstores around where I lived so I picked up a new copy at Waldenbooks. I still have it though it's not the most portable as it's about the size of a family Bible and several inches thick.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
classics, harvard classics, plan, reading