Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 11-13-2007, 08:57 AM   #1
NungNing
NungNing began at the beginning.

Device: don't have
Smile I'm using Mac, is Cybook good for me??

Hi, I'm totally new for e-book thing. So please forgive me if I ask some stupid questions.

I'm such a low-tech person but I'm thinking of buying e-book reader.

I think I might be a Cybook, since it supports PalmDoc and Mobi format.
(Frankly, I don't really know what does this mean. I know html, txt and pdf format but never heard of PalmDoc or Mobi format. But my friend told me that these two formats are easy to find.)

My question is :

1. Is Cybook compatible with Mac? If not, is there any solution to use it?
2. Aside from Cybook, is there any e-book reader suited my needs?

English is not my first language, so please forgive me for my poor grammar.
NungNing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 09:09 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Yes, the CyBook is compatiable with the Mac. I have one myself (a CyBook, that is) and would recommend it thoroughly.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2007, 11:02 AM   #3
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Yes, the CyBook is compatiable with the Mac. I have one myself (a CyBook, that is) and would recommend it thoroughly.
Yes. You want a Cybook. Sony's Connect software won't run on a Mac. Which means you can't buy an ebook through Sony's store. You *can* buy an ebook that has been Mobipocket formatted and just download it to the Cybook, which appears as a storage device (removable drive) to the Mac.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 07:46 AM   #4
NungNing
NungNing began at the beginning.

Device: don't have
Thank you.
NungNing is offline   Reply With Quote