Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-29-2011, 10:52 PM   #1
darthzep
darthzep began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Question news feeds into subfolders? or gathered into collections?

so I've looked around and can find nothing, if this is a super easy fix/thing to do, I'll pre-apologize;

what I'd really like to do is configure my calibre news feeds/downloads to be sent to my kindle as part of a particular subfolder/kindle collection/whatever the appropriate terminology would be.

is that something that's easy to do and I've just missed it? is it something that would/should be a feature request? if so is there enough interest in such a thing that I should try to put forward?
darthzep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 12:28 AM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Cannot do this. Anything that uses 'subscription' tag can't be sorted into collections. And if it doesn't have a 'subscription' tag then it can't take advantage of the nice 'articles' formatting that subscriptions have. Possibly you could modify the calibre recipe to use the usual mobi 'ebook' format but it is not a tradeoff that I'd make.

They will, however, go into the 'Periodicals: Back Issues' folder when a new issue lands on your Kindle, so there will be at most one issue on your home screen.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
collections, grouping, news feeds