Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 08-19-2011, 04:42 PM   #1
syclone
Zealot
syclone will become famous soon enoughsyclone will become famous soon enoughsyclone will become famous soon enoughsyclone will become famous soon enoughsyclone will become famous soon enoughsyclone will become famous soon enough

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge iPhone 4S IPad 1 iPad 2 Nook Touch 4 Palm Pilot
Micro SD card

I just installed an 8 gig Sandisk (6.49 from Daily Steals) micro SD card in my PE. The PE immediately recognized the card and installed a folder called directory.lost on it. I was able to copy files from my download folder to the SD folder without any problem.

Is the problem with SD cards in not being able to run apps off of them?
syclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 08:26 PM   #2
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
That, and not being able to move apps to them.

For me that is not a problem as I have several SD cards for various things, like manuals for work, books for my own reading and map data and other saved items..
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2011, 11:28 AM   #3
garyhgaryh
Zealot
garyhgaryh began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by syclone View Post
I just installed an 8 gig Sandisk (6.49 from Daily Steals) micro SD card in my PE. The PE immediately recognized the card and installed a folder called directory.lost on it. I was able to copy files from my download folder to the SD folder without any problem.

Is the problem with SD cards in not being able to run apps off of them?
that's a good deal. anymore at that price? I bought 4gb sdcard for $4, but $8 for micosd is a steal.
garyhgaryh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 11:35 AM   #4
syclone
Zealot
syclone will become famous soon enoughsyclone will become famous soon enoughsyclone will become famous soon enoughsyclone will become famous soon enoughsyclone will become famous soon enoughsyclone will become famous soon enough

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge iPhone 4S IPad 1 iPad 2 Nook Touch 4 Palm Pilot
micro sd

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyhgaryh View Post
that's a good deal. anymore at that price? I bought 4gb sdcard for $4, but $8 for micosd is a steal.
It was a one day only sale - just like Woot. It's just the card with no carrier, or case. THat doesn't matter, because it's buried in the PE now. subscribe to Daily Steals - they occasionally have great buys.
syclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 04:04 PM   #5
robinspocketedge
robinspocketedge began at the beginning.

Device: entourage pocket edge
mcrosSD

I just purchased the PE on Woot, upgraded to Ermine, etc. I tried installing a brand new out of the box 8GB microSD, and the PE said it was damaged. It offered to format it, which I chose, but then kept asking the question over and over without formatting. Don't have an SD slot on my computer to test it, so I don't know if its damaged or just formatted incorrectly. Any suggestions?
robinspocketedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2011, 05:01 PM   #6
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinspocketedge View Post
I just purchased the PE on Woot, upgraded to Ermine, etc. I tried installing a brand new out of the box 8GB microSD, and the PE said it was damaged. It offered to format it, which I chose, but then kept asking the question over and over without formatting. Don't have an SD slot on my computer to test it, so I don't know if its damaged or just formatted incorrectly. Any suggestions?
Get a microSD to USB adapter for use on your PC or it might be cheaper to get a mictoSD/SD carrier and an SD to USB adapter. For example, I can get an 8 GB microSDHC card with a carrier to SD card and SD to USB adapter for €11.88.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 07:56 PM   #7
ATFmac
Connoisseur
ATFmac can extract oil from cheeseATFmac can extract oil from cheeseATFmac can extract oil from cheeseATFmac can extract oil from cheeseATFmac can extract oil from cheeseATFmac can extract oil from cheeseATFmac can extract oil from cheeseATFmac can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocket Edge, Ermine 0.9, Rooted, Market Enabled
I have used my phone to format micro sd cards before when there is no comp around.
ATFmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:32 AM   #8
jamina1
Connoisseur
jamina1 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket eDGe
I just discovered that Amazon has their own brand of things called AmazonBasics. They sell memory cards for pretty affordable at ridiculous speeds (Class 10).

16gb - $32.99
8gb - $16.06
4gb - $8.72

http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-m...SD3W66XJ2BPB4N
jamina1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:49 AM   #9
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
Thanks, jamina! I love a bargain LOL.

Someone posted a great sale in the 'Freebies' forum the other day -- 32GB SanDisk Class 4 for $29.99 from 1SaleADay. I ordered two for my Nook Colors, but I'll definitely try one in the eDGe to see how it handles it.
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:00 AM   #10
garyhgaryh
Zealot
garyhgaryh began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianNC View Post
Thanks, jamina! I love a bargain LOL.

Someone posted a great sale in the 'Freebies' forum the other day -- 32GB SanDisk Class 4 for $29.99 from 1SaleADay. I ordered two for my Nook Colors, but I'll definitely try one in the eDGe to see how it handles it.
I got one too for my other PE I got for $80.
Gary
garyhgaryh is offline   Reply With Quote