Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 09-12-2006, 08:10 PM   #1
vvv
Zealot
vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iLiad, Librie, REB1100, GEB2150, GEB1150, etc
reading in darkness

1. Bay this lamp

2. Remove CD card
3. Put the lamp to the CD card hole

I have tried many lamps, but the only this one provides a good, strong enough, and more or less uniform illumination.
vvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 08:39 PM   #2
tofuman
Enthusiast
tofuman began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad/ipaq3970
I just ordered lightwedge book light for reading 'paper' books. (those tree killers!) I'll try it on iLiad, too, although I'm not very optimistic. (The surfaces do not meet.) But I'll let you know in a few days.

tofuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2006, 08:44 PM   #3
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
So what kind of lamp is that, vvv? What kind of battery is in it?
Looks almost like it was homemade out of a watch!
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 12:04 PM   #4
vvv
Zealot
vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Russell
So what kind of lamp is that, vvv? What kind of battery is in it?
It is Microbeam Booklight, I have bought it in BrookStone one year ago. It uses four AAA batteries (~100 hours). Now they have it in stock here
http://www.brookstone.com/shop/produ...m_ite=Datafeed
Old 09-13-2006, 01:38 PM   #5
ElaHuguet
iLiad freak
ElaHuguet doesn't litterElaHuguet doesn't litterElaHuguet doesn't litter

Device: iRex iLiad
Now THAT looks light a good light to use, I don't like the idea of using the iLiad's precious battery to "light me up". Are you sure the clip doesn't harm the CF slot?
ElaHuguet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2006, 07:05 PM   #6
vvv
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElaHuguet
Are you sure the clip doesn't harm the CF slot?
Despite of quite hard usage, the my one is still alive
Old 10-09-2006, 09:09 PM   #7
JoeMai
JoeMai began at the beginning.

Device: Hiebook, Bookwise, Sony Reader
Reading Sony Reader, IRex Iliad in the dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofuman
I just ordered lightwedge book light for reading 'paper' books. (those tree killers!) I'll try it on iLiad, too, although I'm not very optimistic. (The surfaces do not meet.) But I'll let you know in a few days.

tofuman,

I've tried the Light Wedge on a Hiebook, but it doesn't work. Appears the surfaces (eBook & Light Wedge) are too far apart. Waiting to try the Light Wedge on Sony Reader (on order).

Tried a clip-on lamp (that uses LEDs) to read the Hiebook and it worked fairly well.

If the Light Wedge doesn't work with the Iliad or the Sony Reader, the clip-on lamp should do the trick.

Joe

Last edited by JoeMai; 10-09-2006 at 09:11 PM.
JoeMai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 09:18 PM   #8
JoeMai
JoeMai began at the beginning.

Device: Hiebook, Bookwise, Sony Reader
Reading in the dark

I've tried the Light Wedge on a Hiebook, but it doesn't work. Appears the surfaces (eBook & Light Wedge) are too far apart. Waiting to try the Light Wedge on Sony Reader (on order).

Tried a clip-on lamp (that uses LEDs) to read the Hiebook and it worked fairly well.

If the Light Wedge doesn't work with the Iliad or the Sony Reader, the clip-on lamp should do the trick.

Joe[/QUOTE]
JoeMai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 03:44 PM   #9
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 /prs 650 soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvv

I have tried many lamps, but the only this one provides a good, strong enough, and more or less uniform illumination.
Hmmmmmmm, I have the Sony E-reader and I am wondering if this is stronger than the other clip on lights that are out there. So far nobody has found anything that has been really good.
Aprilbeginnings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 05:14 PM   #10
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Oh yes I did!
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 05:39 PM   #11
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Well what did you find? I probably missed it. Too many forums around here <g> and I just ventured over here to peek to see what was going on with that iliad or however ou spell it, LOL........ other than being expensive, ouch...... Glad I made the purchase I did. So what light are you finding that works really well?
Old 01-31-2007, 05:41 PM   #12
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I think he's alluding to this, Karen.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 08:50 AM   #13
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Sorry Karen! I just could'nt resist.

I don't want to boast but since I have my own,-which is rare because I usually can't afford what I build- I rather read with it than with a poor lighting situation. When you read with a powerful lamp, eveything around it pops out more than the reader's background. When you read with a light like the boxe's, or one like you're trying to find, only the reader is lighted and the surroundings stay dark, making for a more pleasant experience. When I read in the dark in this way, my wife jokes by saying.
-"What kind of garbage are you reading now that you don't want anyone to see?"

If you're patient, I have two things in the works that will be affordable by anyone .
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 06:45 PM   #14
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
I think he's alluding to this, Karen.
Ah the antenna looking thing
Old 02-01-2007, 06:46 PM   #15
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible
Sorry Karen! I just could'nt resist.

If you're patient, I have two things in the works that will be affordable by anyone .
Yea I am patient...... more a daytime reader anyways so this light thing isn't a * I have to have it right now thing* at all.