Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 11-27-2009, 07:59 AM   #121
Trilby
Enthusiast
Trilby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Trilby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Trilby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Trilby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Why not just do it manually? That's what I did.

Works fine, last's a long time.
I probably will after today. I'd just like to see if it does it on it's own first.
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 07:59 AM   #122
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
As has been said, you can always update it manually if you wish to.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2009, 08:52 AM   #123
arvsinha
Intrepid Explorer
arvsinha began at the beginning.

Just noted that the cursor movement has also been speeded up quite substantially.
Reaches the offending line in a jiffy now and often frequently overshoots.
Have others also noted the same??
arvsinha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 03:50 PM   #124
Trilby
Enthusiast
Trilby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Trilby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Trilby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Trilby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Well I finally caved in and updated my kindle myself.

Last edited by Trilby; 11-27-2009 at 04:28 PM. Reason: typo okay? lol
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 04:02 PM   #125
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2009, 04:04 PM   #126
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trilby View Post
Well I finally caved in and update my kindle myself.
Good!
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 03:42 AM   #127
bibble
bibble began at the beginning.

Device: none
Has anyone who's roaming with a Kindle international (like me in the UK!) had theirs update automatically?
I know I can just download the update and apply it myself but I want to see if amazon will foot the roaming charge for my kindle to update and apply it by itself. So far no luck, I have received the updated user manual but not the firmware update itself...

I just want to prove to myself that international users haven't completely been done over
bibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 09:50 AM   #128
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibble View Post
Has anyone who's roaming with a Kindle international (like me in the UK!) had theirs update automatically?
I know I can just download the update and apply it myself but I want to see if amazon will foot the roaming charge for my kindle to update and apply it by itself. So far no luck, I have received the updated user manual but not the firmware update itself...

I just want to prove to myself that international users haven't completely been done over
Look for HarryT's post #109 earlier in this thread. He's in the UK and his updated automatically.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 10:53 AM   #129
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
True, but I'm not "roaming"; the UK is my location. I believe that bibble is asking is anyone's had the update whose home location is, say, the USA, but who is currently in a different country.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 01:19 PM   #130
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
I just manually updated my Kindle US. I thought we now have landscape capability? Do you guys know how to get to landscape mode?
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 01:39 PM   #131
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
I just manually updated my Kindle US. I thought we now have landscape capability? Do you guys know how to get to landscape mode?

Adjust Screen Rotation
The Kindle screen image can be rotated so you can see the entire width of a web page or magnify the page of a PDF file. You can lock your Kindle screen to a portrait or landscape orientation to fit your reading position. Press the (Aa) Text key , then move the 5-way controller to select the screen rotation you want. Press the 5-way to select.

kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 02:04 PM   #132
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Adjust Screen Rotation
The Kindle screen image can be rotated so you can see the entire width of a web page or magnify the page of a PDF file. You can lock your Kindle screen to a portrait or landscape orientation to fit your reading position. Press the (Aa) Text key , then move the 5-way controller to select the screen rotation you want. Press the 5-way to select.

Thank you. Hated it. I have a couple of PDF books (all text), I usually read on my Sony PRS-505. The text was so small in portrait mode for the kindle. Just right in landscape mode but awkward how it cropped the pages. I rather the re-flow of pages like the Sony which can also do landscape. All my links for the Table of Contents in both books did not work. I'll stick with the PRS-505 for PDF text.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 09:12 PM   #133
RTownsend
RTownsend began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook; iRex; Kindle2; iPhone
OK - so I have the update and it's great that I can now view pdfs on my Kindle, however, I wouldn't want to read too much as I cannot increase the text size greatly. I will keep trying with a few converted books (thank you Stanza!) and see if this remains an issue.
RTownsend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 09:14 PM   #134
RTownsend
RTownsend began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook; iRex; Kindle2; iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
Thank you. Hated it. I have a couple of PDF books (all text), I usually read on my Sony PRS-505. The text was so small in portrait mode for the kindle. Just right in landscape mode but awkward how it cropped the pages. I rather the re-flow of pages like the Sony which can also do landscape. All my links for the Table of Contents in both books did not work. I'll stick with the PRS-505 for PDF text.

Gotta say - I love the way that the BeBook handles PDFs. They look great and are so very easy to read. I have trouble understanding why we can't simply have them all handle these files in the same way.
RTownsend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 12:48 AM   #135
zoom6zoom
zoom6zoom began at the beginning.

Did my update to 2.3, transferred several pdf's via USB, but they don't show up on the unit (other than when viewing the folder via USB cable).
zoom6zoom is offline   Reply With Quote