Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-26-2014, 05:46 PM   #5461
dow
Addict
dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-505
Look I understand too little too late
I realize there are things you say and do
You can never take back
But what would you be if you didn't even try?
You have to try
So after a lot of thought
I'd like to reconsider
Please if it's not too late
Make it a cheeseburger
dow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 11:38 AM   #5462
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Are the days of the one-dummy ventriloquist past? I've noticed that nowadays ventriloquists have multiple dummies and he/she must be adept at changing characters.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 01:43 PM   #5463
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I know what you mean.

WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:34 AM   #5464
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

When it comes to measurement, is the Metric System actually superior to the United States Customary System used in the the United States? Comparing the two systems, it seems that the main advantage of metric measures is that it is easy to convert the units from one to another.

However, it also seems that metric units often don't seem to match up to what people actually use. As an example, the deciliter (1/10 of a liter) seems to be too small for a drink and the liter is too large. Yet, both the cup and pint are just about the right size for a drink.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:33 AM   #5465
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
^That might be because they were based on things used to hold beverages originally.

Did you know that only Buma, Liberia and the United States have not entirely adopted metric? To be fair, Canada is at best partly metric since most people still talk about themselves in feet and pounds and not meters and kilograms.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 11:12 AM   #5466
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
The imperial measurement system must die a painful and horrible death.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 03:33 PM   #5467
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
^That might be because they were based on things used to hold beverages originally.

Did you know that only Buma, Liberia and the United States have not entirely adopted metric? To be fair, Canada is at best partly metric since most people still talk about themselves in feet and pounds and not meters and kilograms.
We haven't fully adopted metric either in the UK. Our road signs still say X miles to the next service station or whatever. And speed signage is in miles per hour.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 03:27 AM   #5468
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Is it just me, or does Verizon's latest commercial reek of desperation?

Old 04-17-2014, 08:59 AM   #5469
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I think it's just you. Looks to me like yet another example of an ad agency that thinks that having a loud obnoxious speaker in their client's commercial who makes a lot of fast erratic movements constitutes a humorous presentation.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 09:18 AM   #5470
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf
Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 w/SO
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 05:32 PM   #5471
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela

Beyond
The rim of the star-light
My love
Is wand'ring in star-flight
I know
He'll find in star-clustered reaches
Love,
Strange love a star woman teaches.
I know
His journey ends never
His star trek
Will go on forever.
But tell him
While he wanders his starry sea
Remember, remember me.

- the unused lyrics of Star Trek (TOS)
Old 04-22-2014, 09:25 PM   #5472
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Splunge!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 12:24 AM   #5473
boysingh
Connoisseur
boysingh began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Tah tah dahhhhh..i just noticed now that there's a "man boobs" tag in this post..hahaha, funny..
boysingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 12:36 PM   #5474
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard

I recently went on a quest to find a reasonably priced fountain pen. I've always enjoyed writing with a fountain pen although I've moved away from them for day-to-day writing. Still, I enjoy the smooth feel and very dark line when writing with a fountain pen so I decided to buy a new fountain pen and some ink cartridges. Before, when I decided to buy a new fountain pen there were a number of good fountain pens in the less than $20 range readily available from my local office supply stores and some department stores.

Unfortunately, now it seems that the day of the reasonably priced fountain pen has passed. I did come across some pens in my search but they cost more than $20, with some costing more than $100. Although there are a number of reasonably priced fountain pens available on-line, I prefer to be able to actually see the pen before I buy it.

I guess I'll have to settle for a good non-retractable rollerball pen. Fortunately, there are a large number of those type of pens available, along with some great smooth-writing gel-ink pens.

(I guess this is very off-topic from the previous post )
Old 04-30-2014, 05:52 PM   #5475
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela

Quote:
Estelle Karchmer Harman, 72, acting teacher and founder of the Estelle Harman Actors Workshop, died April 30 in Hollywood.

Before opening her eponymous workshop in 1957, Harman helped found the department of theater arts at UCLA, where she directed plays including “Alice in Wonderland,” “All My Sons” and “Henry IV.” While at UCLA she was one of the founding directors of Circle Theater.

In the early 1950s Harman left UCLA to become head of talent at Universal Studios, where her students included Rock Hudson, Tony Curtis, Dennis Weaver, Hugh O’Brian, Mamie Van Doren, Jeff Chandler, Carol Burnett, Sharon Gless, Victoria Principal, Michael Landon and Lee Majors.

She is survived by her husband, Samuel Harman, and three daughters.

In lieu of flowers, the family suggests donations to the American Cancer Society or to the Reconstructionist Rabbinical College in Philadelphia.
Variety's obituary article for my Grandmother, who passed away 19 years ago today.

Tags
man boobs, skippy the bush kangaroo, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness