Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 01-31-2012, 08:09 AM   #61
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzil View Post
Ah? That was not I heard, they will release information about the format (this what I heard on my side)
In the email I received, they clearly stated that no support for other dictionary formats is on schedule, and that their format will be documented in the future, but surely not in the near future. To me, this means that the documentation about the format will be published at an indefinite future time, if published at all. I will be glad to be proven wrong.

I can understand that they want to wait until the software managing the dictionary functions is mature, but the refusal of supporting wide-spread formats is a little bit... how I can say... stubborn-ish?
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:54 PM   #62
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlPe View Post
Yes, they essentially replied: no product is perfect the first time, multi-language dictionary support is still experimental, improvements will come with next firmware updates, ob-la-di ob-la-da...

In other words: no official specs, no SDK.
Well, doh, is that not part of why they started it as beta? Or maybe they don't want any help or feedback, but just label it beta so you cannot complain and should be thankful for what you got.

Looks like you just have to continue to reverse-engeneer, write a spec for them, and send it as suggestions for the spec

Or they could just give it to us ...
DuckieTigger is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2012, 08:59 AM   #63
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
You can find the much (!?) awaited script to convert stardict dictionaries to the Odyssey format at this page.

I put there a description of the Odyssey format and the files required to convert your stardict dictionary to the Odyssey format, documenting the script usage and how you can write your own parser.

Enjoy!
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote