Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 02:44 PM   #76
tlrowley
Quilt Geek
tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kindle
Thanks, Becky. I set up the column as you described (the main difference from what I had been using is that your custom column is set to permitted values), but I still had no luck. Same error message. If I simply change
Code:
"collections": [ "- ", 1 ]
to
Code:
"series": [ "- ", 1 ]
I get 43 collections created, so I know that things are working okay, just not for custom columns for me.

I'm using 7.43 on a Mac - what about you?

On a separate note, even if I got things working your way, wouldn't I only be able to enter a book into 1 collection this way? I also tried another column with comma separated tags, which is what I think might work better for me, but that still didn't work.

Thanks for helping.
Tracey
Old 01-30-2011, 02:58 PM   #77
beckywc
Addict
beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini w/Retina, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9, & Asus Transformer
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlrowley View Post
On a separate note, even if I got things working your way, wouldn't I only be able to enter a book into 1 collection this way? I also tried another column with comma separated tags, which is what I think might work better for me, but that still didn't work.

Thanks for helping.
Tracey
Yes, it does limit the book to one collection.
Advert
Old 01-30-2011, 03:08 PM   #78
tlrowley
Quilt Geek
tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

What version/OS are you using? I'm confused as to why I'm getting the error and you aren't.
Old 01-30-2011, 03:24 PM   #79
beckywc
Addict
beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini w/Retina, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9, & Asus Transformer
My operation system is windows vista and my version of Calibre is 7.43.
Old 01-30-2011, 03:40 PM   #80
tlrowley
Quilt Geek

so it's not the Calibre version.... any suggestions, meme?
Advert
Old 01-30-2011, 04:01 PM   #81
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
I get 43 collections created, so I know that things are working okay, just not for custom columns for me.
The only thing I can think of is a mismatch between the tweak and the custom column. Have you checked your custom column settings to make sure there's not an errant space in there, or capitalization or something?
Old 01-30-2011, 04:10 PM   #82
tlrowley
Quilt Geek

I'm sure it is some sort of mismatch, but I can't see it

Here is how the column is defined:

Here is how the tweaks are defined:

and here is a snapshot of the column in action:

But, when I try to create the collections:

I'm sure there are sharper eyes than mine out there - what tiny comma or some-such am I missing?
Old 01-30-2011, 04:16 PM   #83
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
reference to User columns usually start with a hash mark (added to your chosen name by Calibre) Hover your mouse over the column header for the name to use
Old 01-30-2011, 04:19 PM   #84
tlrowley
Quilt Geek

It was mentioned up-thread that the "#" wasn't needed, but I tried it anyhow. No luck - same error.

Thanks for reading and trying to help, I really appreciate it.
Old 01-30-2011, 04:27 PM   #85
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'm sure it is some sort of mismatch, but I can't see it (images snip) I'm sure there are sharper eyes than mine out there - what tiny comma or some-such am I missing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
reference to User columns usually start with a hash mark (added to your chosen name by Calibre) Hover your mouse over the column header for the name to use
I see what theducks is referring to but I've never needed to add the # for the custom columns to work with the plugin. The only thing I'm doing differently than tlrowley is I used the same name for both lookup name and heading.

One thing just occurred to me - when the device is connected there is a "collections" column on the device page, yes? Could that be causing a conflict? Try changing the lookup name to "incollection" or "mycollection" or something other than "collections", then change your tweak to match and see what happens.
Old 01-30-2011, 04:32 PM   #86
ElizabethN
reader, ebook junkie
ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: droid, kindle, kobo, eslick, sony
"I eliminated the space as it confused my k3 which would no longer do the go to beginning of "k" or "s" ... trick if some of the files were - title rather than -title when in title mode.
Interesting to know about the go to beginning trick (I've used search, but not jump to the beginning - do you do anything special to do this?)."

If you're in author or title mode, and for example, want to go to andre norton books (if collection is from author_sort, collection will be Norton, Andre), use either the n or o key and the bottom of the page search bar will say in faint print, "click to go to N titles or N authors". Clicking will get you to the first entry in N.

I tend to use it most in title mode (which contains titles & collections) so that I can relatively quickly find a file. When I tried a special character with a space then a collection name, that feature didn't work, eliminating the space made it work again.

Last edited by ElizabethN; 01-30-2011 at 09:20 PM. Reason: quotes
Old 01-30-2011, 04:34 PM   #87
tlrowley
Quilt Geek

Good spot on the "collections" title, but I've tried "collections", "sample", and "tracey" - none of them work. I'm pretty sure there's no built-in column heading of "tracey"?

At least I can get series to work, but I'd really like an "I'm currently reading" collection, because that's the one I use the most.
Old 01-30-2011, 04:46 PM   #88
ElizabethN
reader, ebook junkie
ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: droid, kindle, kobo, eslick, sony
custom column

Send to device template in preferences wants #lookup name but tweak wants lookup name.

I don't know if this bug is fixed or not, but a couple of calibre versions ago, the only custom columns that would work in collection programs had to be type "text, column shown in tag browser" Other column types - no luck.

The custom column I used with success was of the above text type.

Can't think of anything else. Good luck.
Old 01-30-2011, 04:48 PM   #89
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist

Quote:
Good spot on the "collections" title, but I've tried "collections", "sample", and "tracey" - none of them work. I'm pretty sure there's no built-in column heading of "tracey"?

At least I can get series to work, but I'd really like an "I'm currently reading" collection, because that's the one I use the most.
Okay, so that wasn't it. The only suggestions I have left is to change the column type. For my first test I used a fixed set of values, but I chose the option that utilizes the tag browser. Try that?

Edited to add: Apparently Elizabeth and I are thinking the same thing.
Old 01-30-2011, 04:51 PM   #90
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Quote:

Sorry this isn't working - I'm definitely interesting in figuring out what it is.

It may be as suggested by ElizabethN: the type of column. You have "Text, with defined set of permitted values". Try "Text, column shown in the tag browser"

Try running in debug mode as mentioned in the first post to see if it shows anything obvious. If you use the GUI method you need to exit Calibre to see the log file pop up. On command line use calibre-debug --gui-debug=GUI_DEBUG and your info should go to the screen (it should also go to a file but I haven't looked if this works)
Closed Thread