Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-25-2011, 04:25 AM   #1
pippopelo
Connoisseur
pippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle 4th, Paperwhite 5th, Paperwhite 10th
Only 6mb free in internal memory

Hello,

there is a way to move app to sd card? I have 2.06 firmware, only a little part of apps stay in sdcard second partition, at this time I have free 6mb + 214mb. Help!
pippopelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 04:35 AM   #2
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Yes , there is. I added the needed file as attachment. It's installed like a FW into the root of SD, then flash.
ATTENTION: SD card will get new partition, so data might be lost.

This post might help, but it's im german, don't know how it comes out translated

Edit: Stupid me forgot the upload
Attached Files
File Type: zip 2_a2sd_v04_PB701SWUPDATE.zip (1.24 MB, 164 views)

Last edited by troll05; 06-25-2011 at 01:22 PM.
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 11:12 AM   #3
ebookof
Enthusiast
ebookof began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by troll05 View Post
Yes , there is. I added the needed file as attachment. It's installed like a FW into the root of SD, then flash.
ATTENTION: SD card will get new partition, so data might be lost.

This post might help, but it's im german, don't know how it comes out translated
Troll05:

The file is not attached.

I went to the posting you indicated and it seems that what is proposed there is the same as the rooting approach you proposed at the following address: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=146

The solution you offered for rooting works great and is easy to implement, but unfortunately, despite the fact that the items are installed on the SD card, I gradually loose space on the internal memory card (as if some components of the programs where still installed on the internal memory card and other components of the programs on the SD card).

Ultimately, I cannot add any additional software despite the fact that I still have a lot of room on the SD card. At 6MB on the internal memory card, the system becomes unstable.

Here is the posting relating the issues I have with the internal memory: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...4&postcount=36

I had asked if it was possible to increase the size of the internal memory card partition where some of the software still gets installed, but did not get a response.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Last edited by ebookof; 06-25-2011 at 11:20 AM.
ebookof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 01:27 PM   #4
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hm, in this case I'm sorry, no clue. Maybe this helps, it's a different approach, but there are still apps on SD.
Just out of interest, how many apps do you have? I've roundapout 25 additional apps, and still plenty of space
Old 06-25-2011, 11:55 PM   #5
ebookof
Enthusiast
ebookof began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by troll05 View Post
Hm, in this case I'm sorry, no clue. Maybe this helps, it's a different approach, but there are still apps on SD.
Just out of interest, how many apps do you have? I've roundapout 25 additional apps, and still plenty of space
I had approximately 30 applications and it only left 6MB in the internal memory, despite having a2sd. Everytime it got close to that 6MB, the system became unstable. Ultimately, I had to restart everything, as the system was stuck on the Android screen.
ebookof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 03:50 AM   #6
pippopelo
Connoisseur
pippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enough

I solved with Link2Sd, http://db.tt/96jptId ,work with external SD Card.
After saving all files from sdcard, I created two partitions with Minitool Partition Wizard Home (freeware) http://www.partitionwizard.com/download.html , the first partition FAT32 primary and second 500mb ext2 primary. Then I restored the files on the Fat32 partition.
When you start Link2Sd it ask what kind of partition is the second partition.
Then create the list of applications, and except those of system apps you can move all to the sdcard!!!

Last edited by pippopelo; 06-26-2011 at 03:54 AM.
Old 06-26-2011, 02:27 PM   #7
troll05
Harmless idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by pippopelo View Post
I solved with Link2Sd, http://db.tt/96jptId ,work with external SD Card.
After saving all files from sdcard, I created two partitions with Minitool Partition Wizard Home (freeware) http://www.partitionwizard.com/download.html , the first partition FAT32 primary and second 500mb ext2 primary. Then I restored the files on the Fat32 partition.
When you start Link2Sd it ask what kind of partition is the second partition.
Then create the list of applications, and except those of system apps you can move all to the sdcard!!!
Hi, tried your way with the last FW release 2.1.1, how did you get root access?
I tried z4root, but I can't find the place to enable USB debugging
Old 06-26-2011, 03:04 PM   #8
pippopelo
Connoisseur

I have 2.0.6, for usb debugging install Launcher Pro Plus then Long-press the homescreen, you get the 'Add to Home screen' window.
Then press Shortcuts -> Activities -> Settings-> Development (com.android.settings.DevelopmentSettings)
At this point you have a shortcuts on Home Scren called Development, tap on it and check USB Debugging.

But I don't know if it is work with 2.1.1 fw

IMPORTANT: If you have already A2sd script, remove and then install Link2Sd
Old 06-26-2011, 06:14 PM   #9
troll05
Harmless idiot

Works also with 2.1.1 and the simple Launcher Pro THX + K
But now Link2sd stops and says
"Superuser (prosess com nosh....) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again", and after a few seconds "Link2SD could not gain root access. If you have root access make sure you respond to 'allow' to superuser prompt"

What does this mean?
Old 06-26-2011, 06:33 PM   #10
pippopelo
Connoisseur

I have this problem after "Non-ugly Market install", solved in this mode for me:

Open Root Explorer, go to system -> build.prop -> make r/w -> open in text editor -> change SDK=7 with SDK=5 -> save -> make r/o.

Restart IQ, open Link2SD, at prompt to give root access, click allow.

Restart again IQ, re-edit build.prop and chang SDK=5 with SDK=7, restart.

After restart Link2SD work perfectly.
Old 06-26-2011, 06:42 PM   #11
troll05
Harmless idiot

Quote:
I have this problem after "Non-ugly Market install", solved in this mode for me:

Open Root Explorer, go to system -> build.prop -> make r/w -> open in text editor -> change SDK=7 with SDK=5 -> save -> make r/o.

Restart IQ, open Link2SD, at prompt to give root access, click allow.

Restart again IQ, re-edit build.prop and chang SDK=5 with SDK=7, restart.

After restart Link2SD work perfectly.
can you please give me the necessary version of root explorer? Or even better upload if possible, My version doesn't work
Old 06-27-2011, 03:39 AM   #12
pippopelo
Connoisseur

Root Explorer 1.51 http://db.tt/Pwd4TkA

Last edited by pippopelo; 06-27-2011 at 03:42 AM.
Old 06-27-2011, 07:09 AM   #13
troll05
Harmless idiot

Quote:
Root Explorer 1.51 http://db.tt/Pwd4TkA
THX, but I think I'll give up
Regardless of my installation Superuser shuts down unecpectedly, although root access is given by z4root, and so root-explorer can't get root....
Maybe you can write a flashable version of the whole process, me and many others would be very grateful
Old 06-27-2011, 04:28 PM   #14
pippopelo
Connoisseur

Regarding problem to get root access after "Non-ugly Market install", I root my IQ after flash new firmware, then root with z4root and install all apk who require root access.
Only at this point I flash market, at restart the apk who have root access work no problem.
The only difference is the notification after root access, for example show "unknow has root access", pre-market flash "Root Explorer has root access".

I don't know how build a flashable rom from my IQ, sorry!