Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-15-2010, 11:48 AM   #16
tablettweet
Connoisseur
tablettweet began at the beginning.

Device: IPad 1&2,IPod Touch 4G, DXG, Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle Touch
good to know about this Kindle DX issue thank you lol ;])
tablettweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 11:02 PM   #17
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post

I'd probably go for the self-install.
Doesn't replacing a battery yourself violate the Kindle Licence Agreement you bought the Kindle under?

<quote>No Reverse Engineering, Decompilation, Disassembly or Circumvention. You may not, and you will not encourage, assist or authorize any other person to, modify, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the Device or the Software, whether in whole or in part, create any derivative works from or of the Software, or bypass, modify, defeat or tamper with or circumvent any of the functions or protections of the Device or Software or any mechanisms operatively linked to the Software, including, but not limited to, augmenting or substituting any digital rights management functionality of the Device or Software.</quote>
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2010, 12:21 AM   #18
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
Doesn't replacing a battery yourself violate the Kindle Licence Agreement you bought the Kindle under?
Don't care. I own the Kindle, I am not leasing it. Since it's out of warranty, if I need something repaired and Amazon won't do it (or won't do it at a reasonable price) I'm going to do it myself.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 04:43 AM   #19
lost66615
Enthusiast
lost66615 doesn't litterlost66615 doesn't litter

Device: kindle dx
battery for kindle dx

my battery is not holding charge and talked to amazon cs not going to go this route so i went on amazons site and found a replacement battery for 8 quid
cheap at the price and found a video on youtube on how to open my reader
the battery link is
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cameron-Sino.../dp/B00344R0Z2

and you tube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ymli5IbOtSo

better than paying 60 dollars for replacement form amazon
lost66615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 05:55 AM   #20
SamuraiXSendai
Addict
SamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1. Kindle 2. IPAD. KDXG. Kindle 3.Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by lost66615 View Post
my battery is not holding charge and talked to amazon cs not going to go this route so i went on amazons site and found a replacement battery for 8 quid
cheap at the price and found a video on youtube on how to open my reader
the battery link is
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cameron-Sino.../dp/B00344R0Z2

and you tube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ymli5IbOtSo

better than paying 60 dollars for replacement form amazon
Way to go! That's what I'll do when the time comes.
SamuraiXSendai is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2010, 01:52 PM   #21
lost66615
Enthusiast
lost66615 doesn't litterlost66615 doesn't litter

Device: kindle dx
just got my new battery today sat 11/9 and installed and charged last better than my old on
easy fix when know how
lost66615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 03:54 PM   #22
jgumphress
Connoisseur
jgumphress has learned how to read e-booksjgumphress has learned how to read e-booksjgumphress has learned how to read e-booksjgumphress has learned how to read e-booksjgumphress has learned how to read e-booksjgumphress has learned how to read e-booksjgumphress has learned how to read e-booksjgumphress has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
My DX is only a few weeks old. I leave the 3G on all the time and I only get three days of standby. That's with no reading at all. This morning I picked up my Kindle and the battery was totaly dead.
jgumphress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 05:45 PM   #23
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
No. Those clauses in the agreement are to prevent somebody from reverse engineering the Kindle to make a low cost clone. Amazon have done the hardware and software development already so somebody else cloning it could make a cheaper product as they don't need to recoup those costs. You'll find similar clauses for most software and hardware.

You own the Kindle hardware and you can do whatever you want with it just don't try to make a copy of it. The worst that happens is that you void the warranty if it still has one.

Last edited by Tiersten; 09-11-2010 at 05:50 PM.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 05:48 PM   #24
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgumphress View Post
My DX is only a few weeks old. I leave the 3G on all the time and I only get three days of standby. That's with no reading at all. This morning I picked up my Kindle and the battery was totaly dead.
The DXG is only rated for up to 1 week with wireless on. If the Kindle is doing indexing of your books then that will be shortened until it has finished. If it still does it over the next couple charge cycles then talk to Amazon CS to see if you've got a faulty unit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazon
Read for up to 1 week on a single charge with wireless on. Turn wireless off and read for two to three weeks.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote