Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 04-13-2009, 06:48 AM   #1
renehasekamp
renehasekamp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.renehasekamp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.renehasekamp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.renehasekamp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.renehasekamp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.renehasekamp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.renehasekamp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.renehasekamp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.renehasekamp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.renehasekamp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.renehasekamp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: I use an Eee pad Transformer TF101 and a Nexus 7.
How to make PDF's for your iLiad

I use OpenOffice.org for this. It can probably also be done in Word or any other word processor, but the conversion to PDF is also included in OOo. So, do it all in one program.

Any file that can be loaded into OOo (txt, doc, htm .. etc.) can easily be converted into a perfect PDF for your iLiad. Although txt files can also be perfectly handled by the iLiad, I prefer the PDF format.

Load the file in OOo, select the complete text (and keep it selected during the whole procedure) and make the following changes to the layout:

- make a custom pages of 12.4 by 15.2 cm ("page" in layout);
- make all margins 1,00 cm;
- if you want filled-out pages, go to "paragraph" in layout and choose to fill out;
- choose the font you like, but make the size "10".

For security's sake save as .odp.

Then save as PDF (export to PDF). This give perfect PDF's with a pleasant layout and character size on your iLiad.

Use this if you like it, do it your own way if you have a better prescription!

Rene Hasekamp.
renehasekamp is offline   Reply With Quote