Notices

Old 02-09-2009, 11:02 AM   #1
myridom
Enthusiast
myridom doesn't littermyridom doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
Talking Kindle backorders filled with Kindle 2

From Amazon Kindle Page.

"Order Kindle now to RESERVE YOUR PLACE IN LINE. We prioritize orders on a first come, first served basis.

If you have previously placed an order for Kindle 1, and have not yet received it, your order will automatically be upgraded to Kindle 2. You need to do nothing. "

Woo Hoo ...

MyridoM
myridom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:09 AM   #2
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
What if you don't want a Kindle 2? I heard a couple say they were waiting for Kindle 1 and didn't want the latest.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2009, 11:29 AM   #3
myridom
Enthusiast
myridom doesn't littermyridom doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
Talking Kindle 1

LOL.. Don't know, don't care..

People like that just boggle my mind.
myridom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:31 AM   #4
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by myridom View Post
LOL.. Don't know, don't care..

People like that just boggle my mind.
Why? They dropped some good features from the K1.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:32 AM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Why? They dropped some good features from the K1.

Sometimes 'new' isn't better.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2009, 12:38 PM   #6
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
There's a lot of Kindle owners who received them during the holidays that will sell their Kindle 1. People who wants Kindle 1 can now get them at bargain prices from some Kindle 1 owners. There are some great accessories thrown in also! It's a win win situation! Check out the Sell & Trade section on this board (Fleamarket) and Kindleboards.com!

Last edited by Lilly; 02-09-2009 at 12:42 PM.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 04:04 PM   #7
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
If they prefer the Kindle 1 then they can return the 2, there will be plenty of good used Kindle 1s for sale
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 08:59 PM   #8
CopperTrail
Enthusiast
CopperTrail is on a distinguished road

Device: Dell Axim X3i
If someone wants a Kindle one, I'll trade them mine for a new Kindle 2. I've read maybe 3 books on it and its in perfect condition.
CopperTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 10:08 PM   #9
Dragoro
Lovecraft Fan
Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch
I was one of the ones that ordered the kindle 1 and wanted the kindle 1. Ive kinda come around and going to try out the k2 before I make up my mind.
Dragoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 10:47 PM   #10
S.Canton
Groupie
S.Canton began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Great, this is excellent news to me. Based on what I've read, the Kindle 2 seems to be an improvement, not a downgrade.
S.Canton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 10:53 PM   #11
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Canton View Post
Great, this is excellent news to me. Based on what I've read, the Kindle 2 seems to be an improvement, not a downgrade.
Yes, in most respects it looks like a nice evolutionary upgrade. Not enough of one to tempt me personally, though (not that I expected it to be). If I was a first-time buyer, I'd have no problem with it at all.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:56 PM   #12
StanDaMan
Connoisseur
StanDaMan began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by myridom View Post
From Amazon Kindle Page.

"Order Kindle now to RESERVE YOUR PLACE IN LINE. We prioritize orders on a first come, first served basis.

If you have previously placed an order for Kindle 1, and have not yet received it, your order will automatically be upgraded to Kindle 2. You need to do nothing. "

Woo Hoo ...

MyridoM
w00t! That's awesome. Looks like my wife is getting the kindle 2. And I just ordered mine. hehe *evil grin*
StanDaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:49 PM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
What if you ordered a K1 and now will be getting a k2 but you don't want a K2, but a brand new K1 with fill warranty? Is there any chance Amazon will sell you a new K1 if you tell them that's what you want?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:50 PM   #14
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
What if you ordered a K1 and now will be getting a k2 but you don't want a K2, but a brand new K1 with fill warranty? Is there any chance Amazon will sell you a new K1 if you tell them that's what you want?
Probably not since I'd bet they are seriously out of stock and no more will be produced.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:50 PM   #15
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
Probably not since I'd bet they are seriously out of stock and no more will be produced.
Yeah it'll probably be refurbs or returns.

Tags
kindle, kindle 2, upgrade