Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-03-2008, 02:39 PM   #1
rudysplif
rudysplif began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad V2
Running GTK apps on iliad

I've designed a gtk app on my desktop using the latest GTK (although not using anything fancy).

Now I'm looking to re-compile for my iLiad, but I'm not exactly sure how. Does the SDK contain all the GTK libs needed(supported) for the iLiad? Do I need to set some special compiler flags other than the basic arm ones, or do I just need to have iliad supported gtk in my path?

Currently my make looks like this:

gcc -Wall -g library.c -o iliad_library `pkg-config --cflags gtk+-2.0` `pkg-config --lib
s gtk+-2.0` -I/usr/local/include/python2.5/ -lpython

Would anyone have some makefile examples of compiling gtk for iliad?

Thanks for any help,

Last edited by rudysplif; 03-05-2008 at 02:46 PM.
rudysplif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 02:38 PM   #2
rudysplif
rudysplif began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad V2
library app for iliad

I've figured out how to build my gtk app for the iliad.

Now I'm running into th problem of properly running it. The only time I can run it and see it (in the background) is when I'm executing it through mrxvt. All other cases the iliad just hangs while executing it. I can see it using top, it's just sleeping.

I've copied the run.sh scripts that are commonly used to execute apps, but it doesn't seem to work.

Any help would be appreciated. I think a few people were looking a library app that could be used to organize and search through a large number of books.

Thanks,
rudysplif is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2008, 08:10 AM   #3
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
In most case it should be a problem of missing libraries.
Have you installed python on your iLiad?
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 12:59 PM   #4
Max
Connoisseur
Max has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Max has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Max has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Max has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iLiad, DR1000s
Hi, I'm trying to compile a gtk aplication too. Could you post your make?

Thank you.
Max is offline   Reply With Quote