Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-18-2013, 04:05 AM   #16
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by book64 View Post
You are wonderful that worked. Didn't even know it was there thought I had broken my Kobo !
Not even tried to change the fonts yet as couldn't find the AA.
glad it worked - now with Mrs_Often's pictures I'm sure you'll sort out the font changing, too!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:36 AM   #17
book64
Love reading
book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 8 mobile. Samsung 8 and 10 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
Glad you got it working!
Good help
Thought was broken. Got to sort font out now somehow
book64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2013, 10:39 AM   #18
book64
Love reading
book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Make only a short and quick tap. If you finger remains on the screen a little too long another menu opens.
That worked finally thanks
What font do you suggest for an oldie?
Also does it change on all the books I add to the Kobo?

Last edited by book64; 02-18-2013 at 10:47 AM.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:44 AM   #19
book64
Love reading

Also is seems it was not such a good idea to do a factory reset.
The Kobo was really slow and freezing and I thought that was the answer ( as that's what I do on the PC)
It got halfway resetting and then just froze. I had to use a paperclip to get it moving again
And then it decided I was Arabic lol
So got to sort my font out now and catch up on my reading
Only putting a few books on at a time to see if that is better.

What do you suggest if it starts freezing again?
Old 02-19-2013, 05:19 AM   #20
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Also is seems it was not such a good idea to do a factory reset.
The Kobo was really slow and freezing and I thought that was the answer ( as that's what I do on the PC)
It got halfway resetting and then just froze. I had to use a paperclip to get it moving again
And then it decided I was Arabic lol
So got to sort my font out now and catch up on my reading
Only putting a few books on at a time to see if that is better.

What do you suggest if it starts freezing again?
My first idea would be to turn it off and on again (a la IT Crowd ). If not enough, try to log out your account and log in again. That one will reset the database
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2013, 07:25 AM   #21
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
What font do you suggest for an oldie?
I often use Rockwell since it is rather big and heavy. This effects also the dictionary pop ups.
Quote:
Also does it change on all the books I add to the Kobo?
It does, provided the book doesn't have its own fonts embedded.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:47 AM   #22
book64
Love reading

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
I often use Rockwell since it is rather big and heavy. This effects also the dictionary pop ups.

It does, provided the book doesn't have its own fonts embedded.
Thanks