Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-15-2012, 08:59 AM   #1
Gorgonseyes
Connoisseur
Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Cool Video trailers...

There seems to be soo much hype about video book trailers lately... Fan made, or author/publisher made...

What do you think about all that?

Do you ever watch them? Does it influence your decision to read the book or not?

I think they are a great way to show what your story is about, or at least give a taste of the "feel" of the story...
Gorgonseyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:09 AM   #2
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
!?video trailers for books?!

I've never watched one and I don't think I want to watch one. Part of reading is that even though the author has a vision for what they are telling me it is my mind that fills in the actual visuals. I don't want a trailer telling me what I should be seeing in my mind.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2012, 04:21 PM   #3
steven522
binomial: homo legentem
steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iriver Story HD; Archos 80 G9
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
I don't want a trailer telling me what I should be seeing in my mind.
Almost feel the same about comic book adaptations of favorite books.
steven522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:34 PM   #4
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
<snip> I don't want a trailer telling me what I should be seeing in my mind.
I agree.

I have watched a few and don't plan on watching any more.

Some made me change my mind about buying the book - I decided not to purchase.
Some were so poorly done (IMO), that I wondered about how the book was written. I decided not to purchase.
A few were not too bad, but totally caused me to stop and think about the character in the book and what was on the video - not in a good way. It took away my flow of the story as my imagined character didn't match with the video trailer.
There have been a couple that didn't seem to make any difference to my enjoyment of the story.

Lesson learned by me, for me: Don't watch book trailers.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:19 AM   #5
Gorgonseyes
Connoisseur
Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Really? wow, and everyones been giving them such hype!
Gorgonseyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
book, preview, trailer, video