Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-04-2011, 11:24 AM   #1
Limmer
Limmer began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Not the book I bought...

I bought a book from the Kobo site and while the title page is the correct book the content is another book entirely, though by the same author.

I have purchased almost 90 books and this is the first time this has happened to me. Has it happened to anyone else?
Limmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 11:44 AM   #2
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Had it happen with a Lonely Planet travel guide. Call Kobo and they'll give you a refund (or fix the book). Not sure if it's something on the Kobo end or the publisher end when this happens.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2011, 04:56 PM   #3
khourianya
TechnoBookworm
khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Samsung Galaxy Tab, Kobo Glo, Kobo Mini
I bought a book that I couldn't get to work - it would load and show in my library, but trying to open it would cause an error messsage that said there was nothing there. I contacted Kobo customer service to see if it was a known issue and they were very quick to resolve it. Unfortunately, it was a publisher issue with that particular book...but Kobo quickly credited me the money
khourianya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 04:07 PM   #4
Limmer
Limmer began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
I still have had no response from Kobo.
Limmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:01 PM   #5
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Phone the customer support line. I'm assuming you did the online thing? Response time is pitiful that way. They actually pretty much answer the phone instantly and it's much less painful than most phone help.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2011, 09:25 PM   #6
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I've had it happen a few times - not at Kobo, but when I was still buying lots of ebooks from Fictionwise, pre-Agency days.

I've also had it happen with Overdrive Library books once or twice.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote