Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 05-08-2011, 06:25 PM   #1
q5485
q5485 began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
'Removed from Sale' Curse

I don't know how many of you have had this problem recently (since Mid-March) but I have been trying to upload a validated epub file to ibookstore for sale. After more than 25 attempts at uploading, it still says "removed from sale." I have contacted apple support team but they have not been of much use.

The funny thing is that I have successfully uploaded 36 epubs before and have no problem doing that. I have now tried epubmaker, sigil, calibre but to no avail. (I am not sure how the outputed file from calibre can be uploaded into ibookstore.. I keep on getting on Error 9000 or something). I am at a total loss here. I don't want to go through aggregators as they are very expensive for my taste. I have another 50 ebooks to upload but I am afraid to start until I get this resolved.

I have used Apple's Epub example epub template too and that has resulted in the same "removed from sale" message. I tried changing the cover images. No help there.

Maybe someone on this forum has some insight. I don't have pages software so I can't use that method to convert into epubs. I have tried various approaches in Sigil to edit the epub file but am not getting anywhere.

Can someone please help remove this d***d curse?
thanks
Kash
q5485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 02:15 PM   #2
twilighttimes
Lida Quillen
twilighttimes began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
'Removed from sale'

Hi Kash,

I generally include brief promo about other books in the same genre in the end matter. I recently uploaded a few titles and received email notifications from the iTunes team to "Please remove pricing on last page." I took this to mean I need to remove the retail price of the ebooks listed on the last page.

re: removed from sale. The same thing happened to me with three titles, two of which are Christian SF -- Infinite Space, Infinite God I and Infinite Space, Infinite God II.

I heard somewhere that Apple does not like hot links of any kind. There were about 20 contributing authors to each book and thus twenty author web sites were included with their bios. I have removed the links to the author web sites and plan to re-upload the books to the Apple iBookstore.

Lida E. Quillen, Publisher
Twilight Times Books
- -
[Promotional link removed - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 02-29-2012 at 06:46 PM.
twilighttimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2011, 02:20 PM   #3
q5485
q5485 began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
All I have on the last page is a listing of the remaining books. They are not "hot linked". In fact, the only hot link I have is our email address and the website information in the copyright page.
(But that is also there on the books which were successfully uploaded!)

Yesterday, I even downloaded pages software from the apple website and created epubs using that software. Still the same d**d error!
q5485 is offline   Reply With Quote