Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 01-07-2011, 07:42 AM   #1
Ariel3001
Ariel3001 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Best e-reader for transferring notes and highlights to Mac

I'm thinking about buying an e-reader on which I cannot only read fictional books but I want to be able to read, highlight, and take notes from the literature that I need for my masters thesis in psychology (journals are mostly available in PDF). I want to be able to read the literature on the e-reader and then trasfer the full text including my annotations to my mac so I don't have to switch between to devices while writing. On top of that I need good dictionaries for English-German ans Spanish-German and the reader has to be available in Germany.

THX
Ariel3001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 07:19 PM   #2
Lode
Zealot
Lode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the rough

Device: Onyx Boox M92 White, Max Carta
Ariel3001,

I just left the below message with these guys who have a concept design for a 12" colour e-reader
http://eink.com/concept_showcase_12inch_reader.html#

"I hope someone will not think it too extravagant to actually produce the 12" color e-reader.
I would very much like a device which shows the full size of text in a document like it appears on a A4.
And being able to scribble annotations on it -just like on a paper document- to later correct the text -either by plugging in a keyboard, or on a notebook, laptop, pc- would be ideal for students, academicians, and writers.
And there would be tons of those interested. I just found this example:

"I'm starting to think the only viable solution for my (academic) purposes is something at around 11-12 inches diagonal."
Top post of the thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/arc.../t-107305.html

Thank you for your imagination and creativity. It is not unrealistic at all.
Lode"

Their Triton branch is into colour eInk displays...

Maybe you can leave them a message also.

Last edited by Lode; 01-11-2011 at 07:25 PM.
Lode is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
available in germany, dictionaries, highlights, notes, transfer to mac