Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-01-2010, 12:05 PM   #1
stodge
Groupie
stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650SC
Can the Kobo function as a UBS mass storage device?

A quick question about USB support on the Kobo. Say I'm on holiday with desktop internet access (no WiFi). If I download an ebook from a store (Kobobooks or other), can I access the Kobo reader as a USB mass storage device? Or do I always need a desktop application that supports the reader to transfer the file?

Thanks
stodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 12:08 PM   #2
HamsterRage
Evangelist
HamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo
If the book has the standard Kobobooks DRM, then you'll need the app to get it incorporated into the database on the reader (or something like ADE).

If it's just an ePub, then you can just copy it onto the reader and it will find it and add it to your library automatically.
HamsterRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2010, 12:18 PM   #3
zoran
himself
zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by stodge View Post
A quick question about USB support on the Kobo. Say I'm on holiday with desktop internet access (no WiFi). If I download an ebook from a store (Kobobooks or other), can I access the Kobo reader as a USB mass storage device? Or do I always need a desktop application that supports the reader to transfer the file?
Well, yes. You can.
Be aware that device wants you to mount it as a fat partition.
Regarding operating system you use, use "mount" command
for unices or let it do automatic mount for <insert_pet_name>.
Every decent operating system ask you do unmount it proper-
ly. "Umount" for unices and "safely remove hardware" for the
<rest>.
The question you ask seems like the most natural way to put
book on the reader. Or not?
zoran is offline   Reply With Quote