Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-26-2009, 06:47 AM   #1
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Thumbs down EBL 3.0 (E-book Library) - complaint thread

I know some of you have bigger complaints than mine, but this one is pissing me off because it worked great in version 2.0.

The previous version of the Sony Library software allowed you to change the width of the left-hand column (the Book Library list). Version 3.0 does not allow the user to change the width of the Book list.

This sounds trivial, but MANY of my collections begin with the same word, and I can no longer see the full collection title. Here's what my Book Library looks like:

Books
Horror-
Horror-
Horror-
Mystery
Mystery
Mystery
Mystery

You see the issue, I'm sure. This makes it next to impossible to drag books to the correct collection.

Dare I hope there is a magic INI setting that allows the user to determine the width of the left-hand column? After all, it used to be adjustable in version 2.x.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 06:57 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Actually, eBook Library 3.0 does allow you to change the size of the left hand pane. Just click and drag on the vertical line seperating the left and right panes and it will move. I did this and it worked fine.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 06:59 AM   #3
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Actually, eBook Library 3.0 does allow you to change the size of the left hand pane. Just click and drag on the vertical line seperating the left and right panes and it will move. I did this and it worked fine.
Huh. All I have is a scroll bar. Seriously, my cursor doesn't change to a <--> when I move over the divider. I know how it should work, it worked fine in version 2.0.

Last edited by doreenjoy; 08-26-2009 at 07:01 AM.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:00 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The mouse pointer doesn't change. But it does work.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:06 AM   #5
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010

I deleted the files in the "kinoma" folder, re-installed, and now it works. Totally strange.

So much for my complaint. Now I need another excuse to be in a pissy mood. I guess I can still be annoyed that there's no way to put the collections in alphabetical order...

JSWolf.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:08 AM   #6
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010

Quote:
The mouse pointer doesn't change. But it does work.
Yeah, I tried just dragging but it still wasn't working for me -- only wanted to go up and down as scroll bars are wont to do. I suspect something was hosed in my com.kinoma.fskin.ktStart-kBook.xml file, because after I deleted it and reinstalled it worked. Shrug.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:10 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by doreenjoy View Post
I deleted the files in the "kinoma" folder, re-installed, and now it works. Totally strange.

So much for my complaint. Now I need another excuse to be in a pissy mood. I guess I can still be annoyed that there's no way to put the collections in alphabetical order...

JSWolf.
Just turn on your 505. They get alphabetized there. Yes, I know i'm taking away your reason's to be pissy.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:13 AM   #8
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010

Quote:
Just turn on your 505. They get alphabetized there. Yes, I know i'm taking away your reason's to be pissy.

A dangerous thing to do to a woman who is up too late with no chocolate in the house! I'll just have to go to sleep I guess.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:16 AM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by doreenjoy View Post

A dangerous thing to do to a woman who is up too late with no chocolate in the house! I'll just have to go to sleep I guess.
I have chocolate here. Let's see.. I've got some UK Penguins, some UK Cadbury Dairy Milk, some UK Cadbury Fingers, some US Hershey Kisses, some UK dark chocolate covered Cadbury Digestives, some US Butterfingers, and some US Mint Three Musketeers.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:50 AM   #10
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
I have a complaint. I download the ebook library software and it all went well but the book cover pictures are all fuzzy and out of focus. Is anyone else book covers when looking at it in the Thumbnail View out of focus?
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 07:56 AM   #11
lev
Zealot
lev has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lev has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lev has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
I just downloaded the program for mac and installed it but it doesn't work! anyone had success with the mac program?
lev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:28 AM   #12
Juliette
I eat books
Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Gen3 PRS-505 PRS-600 PB360 PB302 K2 Opus BebookMini OnyxBoox K3 KDXG
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by lev View Post
I just downloaded the program for mac and installed it but it doesn't work! anyone had success with the mac program?
Hangs peacefully in the dock. No window whatsoever... Discussing it here more profusely. (As in: swearing profusely.)
Juliette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 10:17 AM   #13
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I'm getting the 'fuzzy' cover's Lilly mentioned on my Windows install too.

On the Mac side it works fine for me. MacBook Pro, OS 10.5.8. Some have had luck either installing it to a new user account or changing their country/region settings to the US.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:40 AM   #14
Jim Byram
Jim Byram began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 2
Can't get v3 running under Win 7 RC x64. It installs but doesn't run. Tried various things with no success. Finally reverted to previous version. Sony Support says Win 7 is not supported for v3.
Jim Byram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:58 AM   #15
Crowl
Wizard
Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW Signature edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Byram View Post
Can't get v3 running under Win 7 RC x64. It installs but doesn't run. Tried various things with no success. Finally reverted to previous version. Sony Support says Win 7 is not supported for v3.
In one of the other threads about the new software somebody explains how to get round that, I think its the long thread with the download links.
Crowl is offline   Reply With Quote