Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-28-2014, 09:33 PM   #1
Multics
Enthusiast
Multics knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Multics knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Multics knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Multics knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Multics knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Multics knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Multics knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Multics knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Multics knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Multics knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Multics knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: SONY PRS-T1
Question Bulk edit READ/UNREAD PRS-T1

My T1 died and I've got the replacement from SONY (YEAH!). Unfortunately when I reloaded the books they all showed up as unread (OOPS).

Is there a buik way to set all book on the T1 to read and then the couple new ones to unread? Can Calibre track this status?

Would rooting the T1 help?

Installing other software?

I seem to also be getting close to the limit for number of collections. I sort by filename which is created with author_sort {series} {series#} Title.

I bought a Kobo mini as a spare while the T1 was not working. I much prefer the T1.

Thanks in advance.

Hopefully this does not end up being a stupid operator error, on the other hand, I had wight loss surgery last week and still recovering.
Multics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 10:32 AM   #2
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Nxtpaper 11
Short answer:
no you cannot. Every time you add new books to the T1, they are automagically marked by the T1 as "new".

If you are of the adventurous kind, you can extract from your T1 its current database, update in it the "new" settings to your liking with some SQL editor and place it back. Of course, no guarantees ...
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 06:16 PM   #3
Multics
Enthusiast
Multics knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Multics knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Multics knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Multics knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Multics knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Multics knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Multics knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Multics knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Multics knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Multics knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Multics knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: SONY PRS-T1
Fortunatly I put all the 'new' books on the external card. The problem is SQL is a way to access data, but says nothing about the underlying format and which database program/format actually runs the database. Which database does SONY use?
Multics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 10:35 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The database is SQLite. I have had a brief look at the database and it shouldn't be to hard. But, there is someone looking at porting my Kobo Utilities plugin to the Sony. You might want to talk to him to see if he has some suggestions. Or even ready for a tester. There are some posts about it on the last couple of pages of the Kobo Utilities plugin thread.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
prs-t1, unread