Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 07-10-2010, 01:09 PM   #1
denisek
denisek began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Classic, HTC Incredible, Xoom
Wireless headphones?

I have searched and can't find exactly what I want.
I want wireless headphones that I can use with the nook, to listen to music while reading and also use the same headphones with my android phone.
I do realize that I will have to use a dongle with the nook.
Does any one know if what I want exists?

Thanks in advance.
denisek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 01:31 PM   #2
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
I have bluetooth Plantronics wireless headphones. They come with a dongle. Expensive but excellent. I bought them few years ago. I used them on my Palm, reading and listening to music and when a call came they just gave it to me. Bliss. Now I use them listening to music in the office. I do not bother anybody and I can move around.

start from this link Pulsar 590

I am sorry, I followed the link and I just found out that the product has been discontinued by Plantronics. Progress. if you can find them on e bay I am ready to recommended them.

I checked them out again and they have this BackBeat 906 for mere 129.99 $
which is much smaller than the Pulsar. So there you are,stereo, dongle, everything.

Last edited by beppe; 07-10-2010 at 02:20 PM.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 02:07 PM   #3
denisek
denisek began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Classic, HTC Incredible, Xoom

I presume they are comfortable.

Denise
denisek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 04:43 AM   #4
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
I too have the Plantronics 590a headphones also (use an ipod touch 8GB for music - it has bluetooth onboard). I love 'em. Doubles as a bluetooth headset also.

The dongle I don't use too much but it does work fine.
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 08:38 AM   #5
kilmar
Connoisseur
kilmar will become famous soon enoughkilmar will become famous soon enoughkilmar will become famous soon enoughkilmar will become famous soon enoughkilmar will become famous soon enoughkilmar will become famous soon enough

Device: nook color, nook, Sony PRS-700
There are quite a few other stereo bluetooth headset that plugs into the 3.5mm jack of any audio device. Make sure it says 3.5mm jack somewhere on the packaging instead of 2.5mm or iPod.
kilmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 02:44 PM   #6
Rich_D
Fanatic
Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Kobo Glo HD, nook ST with Glo (backup)
I use a pair of bt headphones with my palm also. Very nice.

Note that the dongle will have an impact on battery drain.
Rich_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 04:11 AM   #7
bookoffers
Connoisseur
bookoffers began at the beginning.

Device: NOne
I heard of Samsung E6 e-Book Reader. ... and Bluetooth 2.0 connectivity allowing for audio transmission to wireless headphones. The device does not seem to support any WWAN technology, hence, e-books cannot be purchased everywhere.

Kind of interesting devices.
bookoffers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:09 AM   #8
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by denisek View Post

I presume they are comfortable.

Denise
Oh yes, they are very comfortable. Stereo, Very good sound reproduction. I use the dongle in the office, when I play music on the computer.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote