Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-25-2010, 06:11 PM   #1
nbvanyoos
NB VanYoos
nbvanyoos will become famous soon enoughnbvanyoos will become famous soon enoughnbvanyoos will become famous soon enoughnbvanyoos will become famous soon enoughnbvanyoos will become famous soon enoughnbvanyoos will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 2
FREE Science Fiction eBook by NB VanYoos

Hello fellow eReaders,

The fourth book in my Onyalum Series is coming out soon, and to celebrate that release I am giving my second book in the series away for free. You can download it out at http://www.nbvanyoos.com/Downloads.aspx. The first book in the series has been available as a free eBook for about a year, so you can check out my series with only an investment of time. Back cover copy:

"Los Angeles drug dealer, Tyler Jensen, continues his quest to find a life within the Universe after his transformation into an ethereal agent of destruction known as an Onyalum. Posing as a lowly priest addicted to narcotics, Tyler becomes embroiled in a battle between an ancient cult and the planet’s dominant religion. As his decadence leads him further astray, his sins transport him into a hell he is unable to comprehend, let alone escape. Will Tyler survive his damnation or will the alien locked inside awaken his lost humanity to save his soul?"

I love book two because there is something for everyone in it, and the dark theme was fun to write. Unleash the inner beast, as it were. I hope you will enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Cheers!
nbvanyoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:39 PM   #2
kenm
Enthusiast
kenm doesn't litterkenm doesn't litterkenm doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-500, iPod Touch, Nook Color, Acer Iconia Tab A500
Looks very interesting. I just downloaded them. Thank you for letting us know about this series.
kenm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2010, 06:47 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Downloaded one and two, but it's going to be a long while before I can get to them.

Thank you!

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 06:59 AM   #4
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Yes Thank you!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 07:19 AM   #5
weedfreak
Addict
weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: calibre
Thank you I always appreciate a "try before you buy" offer, and it does sometimes lead to a buy.
It is a pity there were no cover images included or that there was no direct epub d/l but 10 minutes with Calibre fixed that.
weedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2010, 07:46 AM   #6
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by weedfreak View Post
Thank you I always appreciate a "try before you buy" offer, and it does sometimes lead to a buy.
It is a pity there were no cover images included or that there was no direct epub d/l but 10 minutes with Calibre fixed that.

Yes, thanks to no drm!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 03:56 AM   #7
roger the rabbit
Addict
roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony PRS-T3, 650 Black, 505, Kobo Glo HD Aura ONE
Thanks for this, my TBR list is growing like the proverbial beanstalk!
roger the rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:26 AM   #8
JRM34857
Enthusiast
JRM34857 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505 / Kindle 3 / Nook Touch
Thanks for taking a chance with your hard work. I was going to purchase the third book but can't seem to find it for my Sony Reader.
JRM34857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 11:01 AM   #9
nbvanyoos
NB VanYoos
nbvanyoos will become famous soon enoughnbvanyoos will become famous soon enoughnbvanyoos will become famous soon enoughnbvanyoos will become famous soon enoughnbvanyoos will become famous soon enoughnbvanyoos will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRM34857 View Post
Thanks for taking a chance with your hard work. I was going to purchase the third book but can't seem to find it for my Sony Reader.
At the moment, my eBooks are only published through Kindle and Mobipocket retailers. I am looking into publishing on Zulu Express in the ePub format to provide a broader retail outlet for my work. That format should help expand my sales to other devices that support ePub. It is on my to-do list, and I will post an update when that is available for both book three and book four. Thank you for your interest!
Old 02-28-2010, 03:34 PM   #10
nbvanyoos
NB VanYoos

Good news, after researching various online eBook services, I settled on Smashwords. Book three, Red Star Conspiracy, is now available in a variety of DRM free formats at:

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/10440

You can sample 30% of the book before deciding whether to purchase. They feed a variety of other online eBook retailers, so their service appeared to provide the best exposure.

Enjoy!
Old 02-28-2010, 03:57 PM   #11
AFK_Matrix
Sci Fi Addict :)
AFK_Matrix doesn't litterAFK_Matrix doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Hi,

I downloaded the first and second books in your series and there on my to be read list so will review them once I read them, I have also put your third book on my Library on Smashwords so I can buy it when I finish your first 2 books.

Thanks for sharing your work and I look forward to reading them.
AFK_Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
downloads, free ebook, science fiction