Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 07-05-2009, 05:05 AM   #31
Wolfgang_HYM
Wolfgang_HYM began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Good luck Teyrnon for you decision. For me it was important to touch and try the new reader out and as I mentioned before, the Sony PRS-505 was the only reader I could try out. So far I think it was a good decision to buy the Sony. Even reading PDF-files works pretty good. Now I can sit back an wait for the next generation of ebook readers!

Regards

Wolfgang
Wolfgang_HYM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 04:09 PM   #32
Teyrnon
Groupie
Teyrnon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Teyrnon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Teyrnon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Teyrnon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetBook, Kindle DX, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Starr View Post
You might want to check out Astak's EZ Reader. The 5" Pocket Pro is slated for $199 to $207 and it looks like it will have some great features. Or, their EZ Reader, 6", can be purchased for a bit more at the Fry Electronics.

I'm going to get the Pocket Pro just as soon as it's available.
Hmm...I'm definitely interested in the Pocket Pro now since its e-ink and appears to have wide format support. There's just one thing: does anyone have any clue when we can expect it to be available? I'm about a hairsbreadth from breaking down and just ordering a jetBook from Newegg. I'd rather have e-ink but I'd like to get something soon.

I've been considering readers for since mid May and starting to feel a little impatient with myself.
Teyrnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2009, 05:01 PM   #33
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
I'm very happy with my Sony Reader, though there is one problem I have with reading in bed, but it may not apply to you. I wear progressive lenses - and sometimes when I'm lying in bed it's hard to get in a comfortable position with the reader in arc for the right band on my glasses.

When that happens I just bump up the font size and take my glasses off.

It works great.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 08:57 AM   #34
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
I'm very happy with my Sony Reader, though there is one problem I have with reading in bed, but it may not apply to you. I wear progressive lenses - and sometimes when I'm lying in bed it's hard to get in a comfortable position with the reader in arc for the right band on my glasses.

When that happens I just bump up the font size and take my glasses off.

It works great.
I can't even read a hardback or paperback book in bed with *my* progressive lenses, and they are the newer wide-angle ones. It is a well known fact that reading with progressive lenses while lying down is problematic in that you often have to move your head to read.

So this isn't necessarily a PRS-700 problem. I can read my PRS-700 perfectly while in a sitting position in a chair or on the train.

I really like the touch interface and speed of my PRS-700 but as stated by many, the fonts aren't as crisp as on my PRS-505 due to the touch screen layer.

WetDogEared
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote