Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-05-2013, 12:12 PM   #1
mfsav2
mfsav2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Question changed save template - how to resort files ?

I have this nice problem.
After long test I discovered that the save template that works best for me is:

{author_sort}/{series:||/}{series_index:|| - }{title}

The problem is that till today I was using the standard one

{author_sort}/{title} - {author}

So the files are saved in the "old" structure.
How can I move them to the new one without deleting all the books? (I had to search all the info, add info from my devices, etc)

Is there any way?

Second question: even if I use title when I check the saved name of the files is title_sort

in other words I would expect to find The Bourne Identity while I get Bourne Identity, The

What am I doing wrong?

M
mfsav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:34 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
{author_sort}/{series:||/}{series_index:|| - }{title}

Are you sure you want to do this?
Do you ONLY read series written by a single Author (or don't care if your series get split up, totally separated by Author)?

BTW
WHICH Kindle? They do have (driver) differences?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2013, 01:42 PM   #3
mfsav2

Yes I'm sure as the series are, for example: Shannara
then the author is Terry Brooks

I have a Nook and a Kindle touch

Both of them are awful on series management so if I have all books under Terry Brooks how the hell do I know which is the n.1 of the series and which one is n.4 ?

This is why I found that solution.

M
Old 01-05-2013, 02:48 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Code:
{series}/{series_index:0>2s}-{title}_{authors}
Prepend the Index to the title. that make it sort in series # order

having Author before, just messes things up if having different authors (or combinations) writing in the series.

Sort goes from Left to Right so the significant part is: {series}/{series_index:0>2s} (I put all of the series in a separate folder), but you could replace the green with any allowed character
Old 01-05-2013, 05:22 PM   #5
mfsav2

good suggestion.
But the problem remains... I already have all the files (250+) in the old mode how do I convert them with the new structure?

M
Advert
Old 01-09-2013, 05:14 PM   #6
mfsav2

no one has an idea?
please!
Old 01-09-2013, 05:17 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfsav2 View Post
no one has an idea?
please!
You don't CONVERT
You send again using the new template