Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 01-28-2008, 01:23 PM   #16
Egghead
Mentat
Egghead has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Bookeen Gen3 Cybook
Well, Bookeen has charged my CC, but I haven't gotten shipping notification yet.
Egghead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 02:23 AM   #17
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Your credit card gets charged at the time that you place your order.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2008, 11:02 AM   #18
neocreo
Comic Fan
neocreo began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Cybook v3
Talking Charging....

Told my boss I wasn't coming in until my package arrived. Ordered 2weeks ago to the day. Last night I got the email from FedEx. When I saw it was at Stansted at 7 this morning I decided to wait it out.

I have had trouble with letters and deliveries going missing, so I thought, screw it, for this amount I paid, I must stay around.

And just to make sure, I posted a big sign for the FedEx guy where our flat was, as we don't have a doorbell. Actually, I put up two

Delivery by 12... and 11.30 it arrived. Yay

Now it is charging here at work and plenty of people want to have a go.

No reading while charging from the USB. THAT is annoying.

Already loaded my SD with a couple of PDFs and html, just to see how the display works.

fun fun fun fun fun fun
neocreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 07:57 AM   #19
Snuffi
Addict
Snuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enough

Device: Pocketbook Pro 612, Bookeen Cybook Gen3
Good to hear that people now get complete packages including cover and spare batteries. I would have expected, though, that those people who have been waiting for weeks for their missing items would get those before they deliver new orders. It'll be two month next week that I ordered and I think I'm gonna start charging them interest on the money which they received two month ago (just kidding here :-)

They told me that I would get the missing items by the end of the month (January) which - in my experience with most companies - translates to "we will send it at the beginning of February and then it'll take a couple of days to arrive". So, that means that they're still on schedule :-) But if doesn't by end of next week, I guess it's time again to start sending them mail again. Kinda bugs me that I have to keep waiting around for something I paid ages ago...
Snuffi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 09:02 AM   #20
Egghead
Mentat

Snuffi, what was your order number, if you don't mind my asking?
Advert
Old 01-31-2008, 04:45 PM   #21
IceHand
Linux User
IceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 3
I got my Cybook mid-december and am still waiting for my cover to arrive ...
IceHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 04:57 PM   #22
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHand View Post
I got my Cybook mid-december and am still waiting for my cover to arrive ...

Heck. I've been waiting for my replacement unit for nearly a month now... No Cybook. I'm in reading-deprivation HELL!

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 05:32 PM   #23
solodoc
Connoisseur
solodoc began at the beginning.

Device: CybookG3...
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
Heck. I've been waiting for my replacement unit for nearly a month now... No Cybook. I'm in reading-deprivation HELL!

Derek
I know how that feels........
solodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 11:16 PM   #24
Egghead
Mentat

I got an email from FedEx today telling me my Cybook has shipped. It said it should be delivered Monday, before 10:30 a.m.
Old 02-04-2008, 03:01 AM   #25
Snuffi
Addict
Snuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enough

Device: Pocketbook Pro 612, Bookeen Cybook Gen3
Sorry, wasn't online during the weekend and don't have the order number at hand right now but my Cybook was delivered on the 18th of December.
So, I'd assume that in any case my order number must be lower than that of people who placed their order in January.
From the point of view of Bookeen I kind of understand that behavior: If I were them I would also be tempted to deliver the full package to someone who just ordered and let the other guy who's just missing the cover and the battery wait a little longer. The new customer who hasn't received the Cybook yet is more likely to cancel their order if they have to wait long. The customer who is only waiting for the cover is a lot less likely to send the device back and cancel the entire sale just because the cover is slow to arrive (which is certainly true, I won't give them back my book :-) Also some people might not need the cover that desperately so they might even not mind the delay that much. (In my case it's a bit of a nuisance as I use it on my way to work and would like to see it protected when changing in crowded stations, plus I don't want to just throw it into my briefcase for fear of scratching the display)

Anyway, if they sent it within the first week after they said they had things in stock again, there's a good chance that it'll arrive this week.. :-)
Snuffi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 09:26 AM   #26
IceHand
Linux User
IceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 3
I received a message from Bookeen today:
Quote:
The latest bunch shipped on January 31 via standard postal services.
Missing items are on their way; you should receive them within the next
days
IceHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 08:45 AM   #27
Egghead
Mentat

Yesterday came and went, with no FedEx delivery. Today, I received this email from Bookeen:
Quote:
Dear Customer,

Here is a status about your recent order(s).

If you already received it (them), you can ignore this message.

1) Your order(s) shipped last Friday, February 1st 2008, from our Paris facilities.

You must have received an email notification to track your shipment(s) on Friday.

There has been an important incident overnight and most packages have not been (cannot be) delivered.

2) Do not worry: you are in no way responsible for this.

Packages are going to be resent between today and Thursday.

You will receive a new tracking notification.

3) For your information, here are additional details:

- A FedEx truck containing a whole container of 700 parcels was hijacked between Paris and the airport last Friday night.

- The driver was seriously injured. He is at the hospital but is now safe.

- Orders dispatched via other trucks have all been delivered.

- Some of you only received a part of their multi-package shipments. The remainder is going to be resent.

- Orders which shipped on Thursday January 31st have all been delivered.

- Orders which shipped yesterday, on Monday February 4, are being delivered as expected.

- This is the first time it happens since we are working with FedEx (2004), so be assured it is an extremely exceptional case.

We are all working to solve the situation as fast as possible.

Thank you for your patience; we hope the Cybook groundbreaking reading experience will be beyond your expectations.

With our best regards,

Bookeen Team

PS:

- Please note that this is a generic message sent to all recipients of Feb 1 shipments.

- Please answer back only if needed as this will add to the current disturbance.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:29 AM   #28
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
yes, indeed. We were supposed to get a shipment including 8 boxes. One of those boxes made it. The rest was stolen. That really, really sucks.

I hope that the driver is going to be well soon though.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:29 AM   #29
jpb
jpb began at the beginning.

Device: cybook gen 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post

Derek
At least they answered you on the return. My screen has been broken for 3 weeks now and I can't get a single reply from Bookeen.
jpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:15 AM   #30
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpb View Post
At least they answered you on the return. My screen has been broken for 3 weeks now and I can't get a single reply from Bookeen.
That probably means that they haven't been getting your e-mail. Try sending it from a different account (Yahoo, hotmail, or something similar).
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote