Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-27-2011, 10:09 PM   #181
the.Mtn.Man
Guru
the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
It's been said, I know, but it's worth repeating:

1) Ability to organize the book collection with custom categories.
2) Ability to highlight passages in sideloaded books.
the.Mtn.Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:48 AM   #182
ArmorDog
Connoisseur
ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi and Kobo Touch and Kobo Glo and Kobo H20
When I have a word selected in a book, it would be great to have an option to look it up on wikipedia alongside the dictionary lookup.
ArmorDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2011, 11:59 AM   #183
mjsshah
mjsshah began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
While Im glad most of the updates have really improved the device, still lots of room for improvement.
Reading- Ability to dogear entire pages, would be easier than highlighting passages. Ability to zoom in on images in epubs. For reading life, allow for it to sync online so if you have to reset it dosent loose everything on device.
Folders- for organizing genres of books, documents, images etc.
PDF- While the panning and zooming works well for most things, perhaps an option to reflow more text based pdfs so that font size/ spacing can be adjusted without having to convert to epub.
Web Browser- Integrated way to pull in news (calibre content server works but requires you to use computer). Decrease size of menu bars to allow for more screen real estate, right now there is a lot of screen eaten up by unnecessary menu bars. Landscape mode.
Keyboard- make it bigger, add space between the keys, .com key. allow for landscape mode

Apps- While these are mostly non-ereader and more tablet based features, I think they could work on the device.
A note taking app would be helpful for just quick word processing/ text editing.
Addition of line weights to kobo sketch app
Overall perhaps creating a series of apps/games which could be Downloaded off of kobo, users could install them if they want.
mjsshah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:46 PM   #184
mogomo
mogomo began at the beginning.

Also:

Make the Kobo Desktop able to load ebooks from elsewhere. I just had to factory reset my KT because Calibre did something it didn't like. The less workarounds that are necessary, the better.
mogomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:27 PM   #185
markemark
Enthusiast
markemark is a splendid one to beholdmarkemark is a splendid one to beholdmarkemark is a splendid one to beholdmarkemark is a splendid one to beholdmarkemark is a splendid one to beholdmarkemark is a splendid one to beholdmarkemark is a splendid one to beholdmarkemark is a splendid one to beholdmarkemark is a splendid one to beholdmarkemark is a splendid one to beholdmarkemark is a splendid one to behold

I'd love to see the Touch simplify down to just one EPUB renderer. For example, "Game of Thrones" synced from the Kobo Desktop has a smaller text size than the sideloaded ADE version.

Last edited by markemark; 07-28-2011 at 04:30 PM.
markemark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2011, 07:59 PM   #186
the.Mtn.Man
Guru
the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Full screen cover when in sleep mode/power off: good
Banner across the top of the screen that can obscure authors or book titles: not so good

Last edited by the.Mtn.Man; 07-28-2011 at 10:04 PM.
the.Mtn.Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:01 PM   #187
mjsshah
mjsshah began at the beginning.

A screensaver folder would be nice since highres book covers are sometimes hard to find.
mjsshah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 01:26 AM   #188
readingglasses
Zealot
readingglasses can eat soup with a fork.readingglasses can eat soup with a fork.readingglasses can eat soup with a fork.readingglasses can eat soup with a fork.readingglasses can eat soup with a fork.readingglasses can eat soup with a fork.readingglasses can eat soup with a fork.readingglasses can eat soup with a fork.readingglasses can eat soup with a fork.readingglasses can eat soup with a fork.readingglasses can eat soup with a fork.

Device: (prospective) kobo touch
For all the talk of PDF reflow, I've never even seen a pdf reflow on my computer screen, when I zoom in or crush the program window. How many of them do that?
readingglasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 03:37 AM   #189
RasAlhague
Enthusiast
RasAlhague began at the beginning.

Device: Pandigital Novel (Returned), Kobo Touch, Ipod Touch 4G
Ability to edit the book title, author etc, without using a computer.
RasAlhague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 05:39 AM   #190
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
For me, the FIRST thing I would like is the ability to organize my library inside Kobo in any way. As it is now, it's almost unusable. People complain a lot because Booken had only a list of books TWO YEARS AGO and now Kobo is in the same way.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 07:21 AM   #191
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.Mtn.Man View Post
Full screen cover when in sleep mode/power off: good
Banner across the top of the screen that can obscure authors or book titles: not so good
Please improve when feasible.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 10:04 AM   #192
happyfrog
happyfrog began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
Talking

suggestions:

to add a:

'borrowed' category in the library options - because it can be very easy to overlook library materials that have a limited access time. (ideally this would automatically be updated with all library materials - I can see on the desktop which books have limited access dates, but it's invisible on my kobo reader itself.)

'finished' category - sometimes it's nice to be able to quickly find a book that was read to share a passage or use a recipe (I like to read old cookbooks).

Definitely an option for manually adding in categories. There are such limited methods now to scroll thru all my books.

I'm new to ereaders in general and already I have many, many books and it's getting confusing to find a particular book in my reader.

It would also be really useful if there was an alarm option available that could pop up on the screen to alert me when my time is up and I must stop reading.

Additionally, having the current time on the bottom (or top) of the screen would be helpful.

I have been in awe of the numerous updates in the short time I've had my ereader - kudos to the developers who are working so diligently on these products to continually improve them for our ease in use.

Last edited by happyfrog; 07-30-2011 at 12:14 PM. Reason: added in more suggestions.
happyfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 10:18 AM   #193
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
Definitely want a "finished" category in the Library. If I want the book to disappear I just delete it, so not necessary to have it disappear out of view just because I've finished it. I may want to retunr to it, like the previous poster mentioned!
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 10:44 AM   #194
Mercador
I'm not a number!
Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameerH View Post
Hi Mercador,

We have the Song of Ice and Fire series collection in one big 'book'. Not really collection just yet, but that's the one I bought

For your other request, do you mean an English > French dictionary or French > French dictionary?

Actually, English > French for me, but I guess it might be used either way.

As for Song of Ice and Fire, I was meaning "ordering" like a SQL Order By. By now, we can order by name and author, it would be nice if we could also do an order by collection. A "sort". Sorry, for me, it's an "order by"
Mercador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 01:45 PM   #195
QueenPepper
QueenPepper began at the beginning.

It would be good if the available formatting options worked better (or at least more consistently) with sideloaded epubs; I'm finding that my ability to adjust margins (and even, to some extent, font size and justification) varies from book to book.

Also, I agree with the earlier poster about the new sleep screen: the full-page book cover is nice, but the banner across it is not.
QueenPepper is offline   Reply With Quote