Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 01-10-2014, 11:49 AM   #766
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo eReader Touch, Kobo Aura HD
@eXistenZ

Yes I think there is a bug in COPS about it, if you could provide a sample library it would help me

Last edited by vlad59; 01-11-2014 at 02:37 AM.
vlad59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 06:20 PM   #767
rickhan
Enthusiast
rickhan began at the beginning.

Device: PC
After much weirdness, I got my COPS server running on 2012SE, IIS8, with remote web access. No reverse proxy used so far, but I'm testing from my Intranet.
I can now access it by mywebsitename.remotewebaccess.com/cops/feed.php
I added Windows and Basic authentication.
When on my Intranet, I get prompted for my domain credentials.
So I added the site to my Book Bazaar reader on my Windows 8.1 dev box.
Added OPDS library just fine.
Nice indexes, but when I go to look at or download a book, there's nothing.
Tried the Freda on my Win8.1 -- it works. Book Bazaar is buggy.
Tried Freda on my WP8 phone. Can't find the server. Difference is Intranet vs Internet.
Maybe I do need reverse proxy?
The browser access also works fine on my Intranet, I can see the books, and download them.

Last edited by rickhan; 01-12-2014 at 04:47 PM.
rickhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 04:36 AM   #768
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

After receiving two mails about it. Beware before upgrading the synology package if you installed your Calibre Library inside your web directory.

The standard way the upgrade of Synology package works is to delete the directory and reinstall it so your Calibre library will be deleted also if it's inside the COPS's installation directory. Unfortunately, there's nothing I can do about it. I've already added a warning in the new package and will update the wiki soon.

Sorry for the inconvenience

Last edited by vlad59; 01-12-2014 at 07:33 AM.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:15 AM   #769
Jarulf
Connoisseur
Jarulf began at the beginning.

Device: iriver story hd, Nexus 4, Nexus 7
I gave up on OwnCloud not least because it seemed overkill for my needs. What I am in the process of doing however is using Bittorrent Sync.

I have my pi set up with apache, MySQL and php and as far as I can tell everything is fine. I've also attached an NTFS drive with some folders available via samba. All good so far.
My two Ubuntu machines are using the btsync client, which seems to work when they talk to each other.

Now for the part that is making me turn pale, go weak at the knees and shake from fear; get btsync to sync the Calibre files in a way that COPS can get to them on the external drive.
Now, one of the default setups of btsync is to have it run as user and group btsync. I could change permissions on the external drive to btsync, but wouldn't that make them inaccessible for COPS?

Anyone else using this set up?

Last edited by Jarulf; 01-12-2014 at 08:18 AM.
Jarulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 11:02 AM   #770
Jarulf
Connoisseur

I have it working but the permissions on /media/MyBook are insane. Owned by root but anyone can do anything it's an NTFS drive and that is how it was mounted, I'll probably need to look into that...

@vlad59. Thank you for an absolutely awsome tool, this is such a great thing to have. Really.

Last edited by Jarulf; 01-12-2014 at 11:04 AM.
Old 01-12-2014, 06:41 PM   #771
rickhan
Enthusiast

For those using IIS7 or 8, make sure you upgrade to PHP 5.5.7 and install the latest VC++ redist.
The default PHP 5.4 in IIS8 (on my server) does not work correctly.
My COPS now works from 2012se with remotewebaccess, without using reverse proxy/url rewrite.
Lots of painful steps to finally figure this out.
Old 01-13-2014, 03:00 AM   #772
Jarulf
Connoisseur

If I wanted to translate COPS into Swedish, all I'd have to do is copy Localization_en.json to Localization_sv.json and plug away? Then send vlad59 the file. Am I missing anything?
Old 01-13-2014, 05:31 AM   #773
vlad59
Addict

@Jarulf

Thanks a lot for your post, I didn't know about Bittorrent Sync and now I've removed Owncloud and I'm a happy user of Bittorrent Sync.

About the Swedish locale, yes it should work as you described. Don't forget to send it to me.

@rickhan

Please take the time to explain what you did either here or in the wiki. It will help others.

@eXistenZ

Could send me a mail with a sample library (with at least a kepub and epub) please ?

Last edited by vlad59; 01-13-2014 at 05:58 AM.
Old 01-13-2014, 05:50 AM   #774
Jarulf
Connoisseur

@ vlad59

Bittorrent sync is pretty cool, and a bit more suited to a pi than owncloud if all you need is syncing files. Especially if you want to run a bunch of other things.

I'll get working on the translation after I've recovered from the kernel panic I had a few minutes ago
I'll probably have to reinstall everything from scratch now.

And this is my last free day before I get back to work so don't expect things too soon...
Old 01-13-2014, 10:07 PM   #775
DouglasK
DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Onyx Note Air3, Kobo Aura HD, Nexus 7 (2013)
Unhappy Undefined function json_encode() ?

I've just installed COPS onto Apache 2.4.x on Ubuntu. The library is local on the server, without special characters or spaces in the path.

When I load the page (http://server.org/cops/) I see several GETs in the access log, ending with /cops/templates/default/suggestion.html. In the Error log I see:
[Mon Jan 13 21:54:26.726455 2014] [:error] [pid 18742] [client 99.23.116.76:50455] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function json_encode() in /var/www/cops/getJSON.php on line 22, referer: http://example.org/cops/

Any help would be appreciated.

~~Douglas
DouglasK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:25 AM   #776
vlad59
Addict

After googling I found this :

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...on-json-decode

It could be an exact match ?

Could you tell me your exact OS Version, PHP version ?

Thanks

Last edited by vlad59; 01-14-2014 at 01:55 AM.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:55 AM   #777
DouglasK
DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Onyx Note Air3, Kobo Aura HD, Nexus 7 (2013)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad59 View Post
After googling I found this :

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...on-json-decode

It could be an exact match ?

Could you tell me your exact OS Version, PHP version ?

Thanks
Vlad59,

Thanks! The StackOverflow.com link had useful information. Specifically, while my phpinfo said I had a json module installed, I needed to install a different one via "apt-get install php5-json"

After running the apt-get, I simply did a "service apache2 restart" and was good to go.

For reference, the OS is Ubuntu 13.10 (php system string: Linux xxxxxx 3.11.0-15-generic #23-Ubuntu SMP Mon Dec 9 18:17:04 UTC 2013 x86_64) and PHP version Version 5.5.3-1ubuntu2.1

As for googling, I suspect my search was too specific as I was limiting it to COPS specific posts.

Thanks again!
DouglasK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:58 PM   #778
rickhan
Enthusiast

For users of IIS8 in 2012SE or 2012SE R2.
Especially for those using Remote Web Access to expose their server to the Internet.
PHP v5.57 supports this without using Reverse Proxy or URL Rewrite.
Steps:
Open up IIS Manager and use the Web Platform Installer to add PHP.
Install the 64bit version of PHP Manager (search Internet for path)
If you end up with an earlier version of PHP, you need to update to the latest.
First, you will need to install the Microsoft VC++ Redistributable package. Might as well install 32 and 64 bit versions.
Download the latest NON-THREAD SAFE x86 version. (search Internet for path)
Extract the files to a folder on your desktop i.e. v5.5.7
Move the folder to C:\Program Files (x86)\PHP Leave the old version there. Multiple versions supported.
In IIS Manager, select the Default Web Site. Under the IIS section on the right, open the PHP manager. Double-click Register New PHP version. Follow the instructions and do any other changes PHP Manager suggests.
Now to install COPS.
Create an account named calibre. Make it user, not admin.
Right click on Application Pools and choose Add. I left it at .NET v4 ASP but No Managed Code should work.
Right -click on the Default Web Site and choose Add Application.
Alias "COPS" or whatever you choose.
Change the Application Pool to Calibre.
Physical path: C:\Program Files\Windows Server\Bin\WebApps\Site\ Make New Folder named COPS.
Pass-through authentication: change the credentials to "Specific user" and choose the calibre account. Make sure the calibre account has read and execute privileges on C:\Program Files\Windows Server\Bin\WebApps\Site\COPS
'Test settings' should verify the calibre account has access.
Copy the latest COPS code into the folder. Make sure you point to the library --mine is on the server shares.
In IIS Manager, select the COPS Web App. Double-click on the authentication icon. I added Basic and Windows Authentication.
Now http://MyWebSite.remotewebaccess.com/COPS/[feed|index].php should prompt your for an account/pw. I just use the calibre account, but any legit account should work, but don't use an admin level account.

I probably skipped something. Its rather simple if you know what you are doing. It took me days to figure out the steps. This should greatly shorten that time.
These steps should work with IIS7.5/8 on Win8/8.1 except that your Internet access will be different. Or you could just leave it as Intranet access (as I did for my tests on my Win8.1 dev box).
Edit and put in the wiki as needed.

Last edited by rickhan; 01-16-2014 at 11:22 AM.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:02 PM   #779
rickhan
Enthusiast

Ok, now I need an icon for my new COPS site. I get a generic placeholder when I add the feed to a reader like Freda.
Is there one? And how would I add it?

Also, when I add COPS to Freda, there is a spot for 'Search URL'
What should be put in there?

Last edited by rickhan; 01-15-2014 at 09:56 PM.
Old 01-18-2014, 06:35 PM   #780
scoopaz
Nosy Parker
scoopaz began at the beginning.

Device: EZ Reader Pro, Nook Classic, Touch, Color, PRS-650, Asus Transformer
OPDS feed error

Howdy again,

COPS is working great on the HTML side but on the OPDS feed I'm getting an error:

This page contains the following errors:

error on line 2 at column 1: Extra content at the end of the document

When I look at the source page for the error I see this:
<b>Notice</b>: Undefined index: QUERY_STRING in <b>C:\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\OPDS_renderer.php</b> on line <b>127</b><br />
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

I could have sworn the feed was working prior to my COPS .9 upgrade. I'm going to revert to test that theory. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Lisa
scoopaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre opds, dns, kobo aura, synology