Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 06-13-2011, 11:21 AM   #1
Michael Grossman
I Michael Grossman
Michael Grossman began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Using Sigil/Indesign to alter an ebook CSS

Can someone help me. I make changes to the CSS for an ebook in Sigil and then save them and the appear to work. But when I go back and load the book files in Indesign, the changes are gone. Each time I save changes from Indesign, it seems to wipe out my CSS changes made in Sigil. Does that mean that I can only use Sigil after I am complete through creating my epub in Indesign? Or how do I get the Sigil CSS changes to appear in Indesign? Thank you.
Michael Grossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:57 AM   #2
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Hi Michael,

Here is the link to the Sigil forum: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=203

I'm sure you'll have better luck getting help there

Welcome to MR!
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:57 AM   #3
Giggleton
Banned
Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3
I would suggest asking your question in the Sigil Forum, or an Indesign forum. But the problem might be a bit more convoluted than is imagined.

Are you editing an external stylesheet? I would suggest doing this if you aren't.
Giggleton is offline   Reply With Quote