Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-08-2009, 06:07 AM   #1
swt_decadent
swt_decadent began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 505
What brand of memory card should I use on my reader?

I want to update my memory since my reader actual memory is full already. I will be mostly using it on mangas. I check sony memory card and it said that its only compatible with the 700. I also read that 4gb memory doesn't really work. What brand shoulld I get and how many memory is allowed? I wanted it to be able to load faster and turn page faster.
swt_decadent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 08:16 PM   #2
Fledchen
Guru
Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.

Device: PB360+, Sony950, VR Stream, iPod Touch, iPad
Using a memory card will be slower than using the onboard memory. The larger the card is, the slower it will be as well.
Fledchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2009, 02:35 AM   #3
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
I only keep a small selection of the books I'm planning to read on my 505. As I finish them, I delete them from the reader. My complete ebook collection gets stored on the computer and backed-up to memory card and usb drive. I don't keep the card in the 505, only put it in to load books.

I take it magnas are large files? I'm pretty sure there is a thread around here about SD cards, I'll try to find it.
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 02:41 AM   #4
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Found it. There might be some useful information in this thread.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31831
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 05:31 PM   #5
c1yat
c1yat doesn't litterc1yat doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS505
sandisk work well but go for the high speed cards and pay a little more - its worth it. 2gb max for SD for could performance with the 505. The only problem is the number of fakes around at the moment. I got caught with an amazon marketplace seller. Play.com for uk buyers gives good value and NO I dont work there!
c1yat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert