Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 06-04-2009, 09:29 PM   #76
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Hi Robert,

There are download links for all the Dickens books here

As I say, they are only available in Mobi, Sony, and RB formats; does your device support DRM-free Mobipocket format? If not, you'll need to use a tool like "Calibre" to convert them to ePub.
O.K. Harry. We are able to open the books without problem and do see illustrations but cannot tell what are your illustrations and which are with the book and copyrighted. Did you sign your illustrations? How can we tell which ones are yours?
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 09:36 PM   #77
Robertb
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Adobe Digital Editions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman View Post
Robertb,

I am waiting for the Pocket Pro (reserve mine in slate blue..), but I would also take advantage of this offer if the fireware supported at least adobe digital DRM, so I could read books I borrow from the library...

Any word on when a firmware upgrade for the Ez-reader so that it supports Adbobe digital DRM (might as well included e-reader drm)???
Dear Musicman:

The existing EZ Reader Basic 6 inch does not have DRM thanks to Amazon who pulled the plug on our having Mobipocket. However, we are getting the Adobe Digital Editions and Fictionwise eReader SDK for these and will post it on our website as fast as we can get it done. The money was paid but the SDK must be completed and then approved by the format provider as "ready to use". You CAN buy the EZ Reader Basic at that sale and you will afterward receive complete instructions on how to download the DRM formats. In the meantime, there are 14 formats on there that will allow you to do a ton of non-DRM reading.

Last edited by Robertb; 06-04-2009 at 09:39 PM.
Advert
Old 06-04-2009, 09:50 PM   #78
Robertb

Some other new changes added today

Quote:
Originally Posted by mklynds View Post
The logo may be a little to cute, if you ask me. It's not terrible but not great. It's also not a big deal. I am just excited to see the new site and this must mean we are at least a little closer.
We are getting close. They added some additional stuff on the Under Construction Page today.

What I would like to do is open the site for a one-day look-see for MobileRead Forum members so I can get your comments about things we may have left off. I have to get the website master to set this up. Everything will work except actual ordering. Within two weeks the agreements will be signed and we will open the website for business.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:58 PM   #79
mklynds
That guy, no not that guy
mklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with others

Device: PRS600 Red
Sounds great Robertb, I would definitely be interested in helping review and stress test the site for you if you can arrange a sneak peak day. Sounds like things are rolling along at a good pace for you now. Here's hoping everything goes well and launch comes ahead of schedule.
mklynds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:38 PM   #80
SaraD
Groupie
SaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with others

Device: Sony 650, Basic Kindle 7th generation
Yes, it does sound like an excellent idea! Sometimes it becomes difficult to see things that need a little more or less correction because of looking at your own work for too long. And hopefully this is would get you some non-judgemental sets of eyeballs wanting everything to work really well.

Please consider having a "suggestion box" of some kind set up on the site for ideas that day in addition to anything that gets posted here. That will hopefully get things to your webmaster a little more quickly and lessen the load you at the same time.
SaraD is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2009, 03:39 AM   #81
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
O.K. Harry. We are able to open the books without problem and do see illustrations but cannot tell what are your illustrations and which are with the book and copyrighted. Did you sign your illustrations? How can we tell which ones are yours?
The illustrations are the original ones and all in the public domain. They can all be freely used.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 10:03 AM   #82
Mockman
Mockman began at the beginning.

Device: none
Robertb, My local library has many "Adobe pdf" books to borrow from them over the net. They have been purchasing them over the past 3-4 years. I am assuming they all have DRM. Can Adobe Digital Editions DRM read all of these or just those purchased within a certain recent time period. Thanks!
Mockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 10:46 AM   #83
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockman View Post
My local library has many "Adobe pdf" books to borrow from them over the net. They have been purchasing them over the past 3-4 years. I am assuming they all have DRM. Can Adobe Digital Editions DRM read all of these or just those purchased within a certain recent time period.
As you suggest, all these PDFs have DRM, because this is how they implement a time limit on the ebooks. The Sony PRS-505 (and 700) already has mobile Adobe Digital Editions, and all the reports I have seen indicate that ADE (including mobile ADE) can read all lending library Adobe PDFs. You need a Windows PC or a Mac to download the ebooks from the library, and you can read them on your Desktop using ADE as well as on any handheld device that supports mobile ADE.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 12:30 PM   #84
Musicman
Evangelist
Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ-Reader - Samsung Nook's- Nook S/T w/Glow - Kindle Fire - Nova 2
Order Placed

Quote:
Dear Musicman:

The existing EZ Reader Basic 6 inch does not have DRM thanks to Amazon who pulled the plug on our having Mobipocket. However, we are getting the Adobe Digital Editions and Fictionwise eReader SDK for these and will post it on our website as fast as we can get it done. The money was paid but the SDK must be completed and then approved by the format provider as "ready to use". You CAN buy the EZ Reader Basic at that sale and you will afterward receive complete instructions on how to download the DRM formats. In the meantime, there are 14 formats on there that will allow you to do a ton of non-DRM reading.
RobertB,

I just got off the phone with Judy who took my order for the EZ-Reader and said she will ship it today.

I want to thank you for your participation on this forum and being up front and candide about your product.

As I said before, I'll be also be looking for the Pocket Pro in slate blue when it gets released..

I am also looking forward to testing your new web site.
Musicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 03:41 PM   #85
Robertb

Adobe Digital Editions and your olderAdobe .pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockman View Post
Robertb, My local library has many "Adobe pdf" books to borrow from them over the net. They have been purchasing them over the past 3-4 years. I am assuming they all have DRM. Can Adobe Digital Editions DRM read all of these or just those purchased within a certain recent time period. Thanks!
I went to my head tech on this. He says that if the book is simply text and a few pictures you should have absolutely NO problem. If the files were initially scanned to pdf than you may have some problems. 95% should be no problem.

We are, of course, not Adobe and perhaps Adobe itself can give the perfect answer. I would also bow to Dale and Wallcraft and others for the answers. I hope that they will post on this subject. They are far ahead of me on questions like this.
Old 06-05-2009, 03:52 PM   #86
Robertb

You're getting the EZ Reader!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman View Post
RobertB,

I just got off the phone with Judy who took my order for the EZ-Reader and said she will ship it today.

I want to thank you for your participation on this forum and being up front and candide about your product.

As I said before, I'll be also be looking for the Pocket Pro in slate blue when it gets released..

I am also looking forward to testing your new web site.
Dear Musicman:

Thank you. I am overjoyed that you are going to receive the EZ Reader and I share your enthusiasm for the Pocket PRO.

Yes, I do want to allow forum members to test drive the new website and am trying to set this up now for early next week. Remember, initially the site will have multi-format books on it. This is because we are waiting for the Fictionwise eReader SDK that we can put up for download. When that is done we will have ALL of the latest DRM titles up.

Remember... when you get the EZ Reader... take the time to read our fact sheet (presently up on our old website: www.mobiebook.com). THAT is the fastest way to learn how to use the EZ Reader and it is crammed with helpful hints.

Also remember that we want your feedback and we stand ready IF you need technical support. We are more interested in people being happy with the device than in the sale alone. Word of mouth is everything to us! We have a very, very good product... but it is also the "best kept secret". Almost nobody knows about us.
Old 06-05-2009, 04:46 PM   #87
Robertb

Test drive of website coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraD View Post
Yes, it does sound like an excellent idea! Sometimes it becomes difficult to see things that need a little more or less correction because of looking at your own work for too long. And hopefully this is would get you some non-judgemental sets of eyeballs wanting everything to work really well.

Please consider having a "suggestion box" of some kind set up on the site for ideas that day in addition to anything that gets posted here. That will hopefully get things to your webmaster a little more quickly and lessen the load you at the same time.
Dear Mklynds and Sara:

Thank you. I am trying to set up a test drive of the new website for Wednesday of next week. We need to get the guest password all worked out and set up.

As mentioned earlier, the site will open with only Multiformat Books. As soon as the SDK from Fictionwise eReader is finished we will offer it for download and pile on all of the latest titles... so please do not worry.

We are having ONE last problem... trying to put a "messages and opinions" feature on the site. We do not know how to do that. We are open to suggestions on where we can go to acquire the software to set something like this up.
Old 06-05-2009, 07:04 PM   #88
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
this sounds good. i don't believe i've ever seen any electronics product released at the originally announced price, but hopefully this will be the first one
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 07:35 PM   #89
Robertb

Appreciate the comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by basschick View Post
this sounds good. i don't believe i've ever seen any electronics product released at the originally announced price, but hopefully this will be the first one
It is never easy doing this stuff. Sometimes the factory squawks if we sell too low as it hurts other terirtories. We are hammering out with the factory now but still say $199-$209 is right. Astak now too pleased that I shot my mouth off so early on price... but agrees we need to bring this one in as said.
Old 06-05-2009, 07:36 PM   #90
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
It is never easy doing this stuff. Sometimes the factory squawks if we sell too low as it hurts other terirtories. We are hammering out with the factory now but still say $199-$209 is right. Astak now too pleased that I shot my mouth off so early on price... but agrees we need to bring this one in as said.
And the beat goes on...
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote