Notices

Old 06-25-2009, 06:20 PM   #1
earthq
Enthusiast
earthq began at the beginning.

Device: none
Database upgrades

Hi,

What is the process for upgrading metadata.db from one calibre version to the next?
I have found in the forums the following:

calibre-debug.exe --migrate "c:\path\to\your\old\library1.db" "c:\path\to\your\new\library\folder"

But also that the upgrade would occur automagically.

Which is the case?
Also for latest beta?

Thanks!
earthq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 07:14 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
it will happen automatically
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2009, 11:27 PM   #3
am_mread
Head Goat
am_mread is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Gen 11.
Is it possible to "downgrade"?
am_mread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:53 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No it isn't
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 03:13 PM   #5
earthq
Enthusiast
earthq began at the beginning.

Device: none
I use a portable flavor of Calibre (through batch script and environment variable).
What I do is install Calibre normally, then zip folder and uninstall. Then extract zip in my USB drive and run it through script to pick both library and config from the USB disk.

The idea was to install latest beta and copy content over the current build on my USB disk.

However, I did it but calibre did not start.
Then I copied over previous build again but db seem to have been upgraded so did not work properly neither.

Fortunately I had a metadata backup
earthq is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert