Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-08-2018, 02:55 AM   #1
philip_goule
Enthusiast
philip_goule began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite2
How can I downgrade my kpw3 FW 5.9.2.0.1 through serial port?

How can I downgrade my kpw3 FW 5.9.2.0.1 through serial port?
I use a pc to connect my kpw3 through serial port successfully and have the root access.But I don't know how to downgrade my kpw3. Anyone can tell me how to do? Thanks!
philip_goule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 08:20 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
You do not need to downgrade your device.

Please list which set of directions you are following (with link).
Please list each thing you have done.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2018, 09:15 AM   #3
philip_goule
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
You do not need to downgrade your device.

Please list which set of directions you are following (with link).
Please list each thing you have done.
I followed this direction.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=267541
I have done part 1 to 4.I ran the command "sh jb.sh" and I saw the word "**** JAILBREAK ****" appear at the bottom on my kpw3.After reboot,I put the file *kual*.azw2 into the documents directory.but I can't find kindle kual access .
oh ,I put the file "Update_jailbreak_hotfix_1.14.N_install.bin" into the root directory of kindle.Eject from PC. KPW3 says my update file isn't proper (I don't know how to tell,my kpw3 system language is Chinese).It means I can't install hotfix?

Last edited by philip_goule; 03-08-2018 at 09:57 AM.
Old 03-08-2018, 09:48 AM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So it is jail broken now.

What is the full name of the KUAL file you put in documents?
What Amazon firmware version is it running? See the "device info" panel under the settings menu or:
Code:
cat /etc/prettyversion.txt

Last edited by knc1; 03-08-2018 at 09:53 AM.
Old 03-08-2018, 10:01 AM   #5
philip_goule
Enthusiast

Quote:

What Amazon firmware version is it running? See the "device info" panel under the settings menu or:
Code:
KUAL filename is KUAL-KDK-2.0.azw2 from the file KUAL-v2.7.2-gea85a19-20171125.tar.xz . FW is 5.9.2.0.1 .

Last edited by philip_goule; 03-08-2018 at 10:07 AM.
Advert
Old 03-08-2018, 10:02 AM   #6
philip_goule
Enthusiast

Quote:

Code:
Also ,I tried to put the file "Update_jailbreak_hotfix_1.14.N_install.bin" into the root directory of kindle.Eject from PC. KPW3 says my update file isn't proper (I don't know how to tell,my kpw3 system language is Chinese).It means I can't install hotfix?
Old 03-08-2018, 10:20 AM   #7
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quick thought, did you try the nomax hotfix from here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...68&postcount=4
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 10:23 AM   #8
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip_goule View Post
KUAL filename is KUAL-KDK-2.0.azw2 from the file KUAL-v2.7.2-gea85a19-20171125.tar.xz . FW is 5.9.2.0.1 .
Wrong version of KUAL.
You must use the booklet version of KUAL on 5.9.xxx (it is in the same archive you already downloaded)
You must use MrPI to install that booklet version.
Old 03-08-2018, 10:37 AM   #9
philip_goule
Enthusiast

Quote:
Wrong version of KUAL.
You must use the booklet version of KUAL on 5.9.xxx (it is in the same archive you already downloaded)
Update_KUALBooklet_v2.7.2_install.bin?
how to install MrPI ?I run the command ";log mrpi", there is no feedback.
Old 03-08-2018, 12:15 PM   #10
philip_goule
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Quick thought, did you try the nomax hotfix from here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...68&postcount=4
successful!!! THANK YOU!
Old 03-08-2018, 12:16 PM   #11
philip_goule
Enthusiast

Quote:
Wrong version of KUAL.
The problem has been solved.THANG YOU!

Tags
5.9.2.0.1, downgrade, serial port