Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 05-11-2009, 11:41 AM   #1
Elissa Malcohn
Elissa Malcohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elissa Malcohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elissa Malcohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elissa Malcohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elissa Malcohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elissa Malcohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elissa Malcohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elissa Malcohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elissa Malcohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elissa Malcohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elissa Malcohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Campbell Award finalist releasing free e-books

Covenant, the first volume in my Deviations series, was released by Aisling Press as a trade paperback in September 2007. The sequel, Appetite, was to be released last September, right around the time Aisling's parent company was administratively dissolved by the Florida Department of State.

I re-released Covenant in March as a free download from my website and plan to release Appetite later this week.
Genre: science fiction/anthropological fiction/dark fantasy, with mature content.
Formats available: EPUB, HTML, LIT, LRF, MOBI, PDB, PDF, PRC
Site: http://home.earthlink.net/~deviations/index.html

I was a John W. Campbell Award finalist in 1985. My story "Moments of Clarity" (Full Spectrum, Bantam, 1988) reached preliminary ballot for a 1989 Nebula. This year, two publications containing my fiction are up for awards: Electric Velocipede for a Hugo Award and the anthology Unspeakable Horror (Dark Scribe Press) for a Bram Stoker Award.

Bibliography and other info may be seen at my main website:
http://home.earthlink.net/~emalcohn/index.html

I found this forum through Jeffrey A. Carver's article, "Psst! Wanna Buy a Free Ebook?" (SFWA Bulletin, Dec. 2008-Jan. 2009). Thank you all for being here! -- Elissa
Elissa Malcohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 11:58 AM   #2
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Welcome, Elissa, to this corner of the greatness that is Mobileread

Good to see you got to here from a Jeffrey Carver post, and even better to see that you're offering your work in ePub (we're mad keen on that particular format around these parts).

Hope you enjoy your stay.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2009, 12:03 PM   #3
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Welcome! And Thank you!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 08:35 PM   #4
Elissa Malcohn
Elissa Malcohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elissa Malcohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elissa Malcohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elissa Malcohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elissa Malcohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elissa Malcohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elissa Malcohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elissa Malcohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elissa Malcohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elissa Malcohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elissa Malcohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for your interest! Carver's site directed me to Calibre, where I found the EPUB conversion. I'm an e-book newbie -- I don't have a reader except for what I've put on my computer.

I've just released Appetite on the site and plan to release Vol. 3, Destiny, this December. Goin' soon with a bunch of CDs and paperbacks to Oasis May 22-24, hosted by the Orlando Area Science Fiction Society.
Old 05-16-2009, 08:47 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Welcome and great to see that calibre is allowing another author to release digital versions of their books.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2009, 10:58 PM   #6
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Hello Elissa and welcome to MobileRead. Thank you so much for providing eBook versions of your novels. I've downloaded Covenant and hope that it is a book that I'll enjoy. If so, I'll be eager to read through your entire bibliography!
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 07:51 PM   #7
Elissa Malcohn

Thanks! I've given y'all a shout-out over here:
http://hurricanecountry.blogspot.com...s-at-home.html

Tags
anthropological fiction, dark fantasy, science fiction