Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-13-2008, 07:41 PM   #16
MonaLS
Groupie
MonaLS began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle (Gen 1), Kindle DX, Kindle Fire, LG Enact
I haven't seen a good hard case for the Kindle yet because there isn't one made specifically for the Kindle. Someone out there should build one.
MonaLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 09:55 AM   #17
jams1fan
Kindled
jams1fan is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle, Treo 700p
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmat1201 View Post
Ok I just had a thought, I'm a student and I live with a backpack on my back all day, so if I had case that could attach to my backpack with a carabiner (one of those snap hooks) then I wouldn't have to carry it, and run the chance of leaving it somewhere, or stick it in my backpack and have to stop and take my backpack off to get it out. But the case needs to have some sort of loop that I could attach it to, I haven't seen a dedicated kindle case like that. Have any of yall, or have any thoughts about a case that would do the job?

Thanks
You subject your investment to the threat of theft by hanging it outside your backpack. My humble opinion.
jams1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2008, 11:39 PM   #18
FranSeaLou
FranSeaLou began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
You could try this site. I have their large sleeve case. It fits the K w/its original case, which I think protects it pretty well. I got the shoulder strap and I added a cell phone case that has a small wallet feature and I can just grab the whole unit and take off.
FranSeaLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 04:00 PM   #19
greg777
greg777 doesn't littergreg777 doesn't littergreg777 doesn't litter

Device: kindle
Kindle Cover

I bought this Kindle Cover. It's the M-edge black cover. I got it right after I bought my Kindle and I would recommend it to anyone.
greg777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 05:19 PM   #20
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg777 View Post
I bought this Kindle Cover. It's the M-edge black cover. I got it right after I bought my Kindle and I would recommend it to anyone.
I have the same one, only in red. I love it, but its totally unsuitable for hanging on the outside of a backpack like bigmat wants to do.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2008, 08:30 PM   #21
greg777
greg777 doesn't littergreg777 doesn't littergreg777 doesn't litter

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
I have the same one, only in red. I love it, but its totally unsuitable for hanging on the outside of a backpack like bigmat wants to do.
very true.
greg777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 12:20 PM   #22
bigmat1201
bigmat1201 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Ok I fixed my problem. Kinda of a weird solution, sorta of off topic, but here it goes: I need some new pants, so I went to the store and bought all cargo pants that have the huge pockets on the legs. So I can carry my kindle in the leg pocket (solved two problems with one idea)
I know this might not be the best solution, since I could hit my leg on something and break the screen, but it is a lot better then carrying the kindle around in my hand and potentially leaving it somewhere. I'm cooking up another solution, but I'm not sure it would be very practical, it would be safer though.

Also I'm thinking about buying one of those M-edge leather cases you all keep going on and on about. I don't like the way that the kindle can fall out of the stock case, makes me uneasy about using it. Plus I would like to carry a book light around with it, and the m-edge case is the only one that easily integrates a light into the case (when that light comes out in jan.)

Thanks for all your ideas, suggestions and comments, if you have anymore let me know.

@FranSeaLou: I found those cases awhile ago, but was unhappy with the prices. Also since I already have to carry around a backpack, carrying a second case that large seemed kinda dumb. Thanks for the idea.

Last edited by bigmat1201; 12-19-2008 at 12:28 PM.
bigmat1201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 01:04 AM   #23
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
I love the Oberon cover. I needed something fancy, so the Kindle can compete with mine Sony's Dooney & Bourke cover. I can't tell you guys how truly beautiful the Oberon covers are in person; pictures don't do them justice!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 03:38 PM   #24
cush
Virtual Staggerwing Flier
cush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle (and an iMac)
I have the same case as Lilly and it's great. Probably not what would work for Bigmatt but the Oberon covers are beautiful, functional, and are top quality workmanship. Here's their page of Kindle covers.http://www.oberondesign.com/shop/car...duct_list&c=66
cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 04:23 PM   #25
bookwormfjl
Book Junkie
bookwormfjl has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS-505; Cybook Gen 3; Kindle 1; Kindle 2; Kindle DX; Nook
Did you have any problems with the color bleeding onto your Kindle? I got a red one and now my Kindle is a pink & white swirl.

Mr B
bookwormfjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 04:28 PM   #26
bookwormfjl
Book Junkie
bookwormfjl has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS-505; Cybook Gen 3; Kindle 1; Kindle 2; Kindle DX; Nook
The case I have is the M-Edge like Octochick shows in her message. I do like the way that you can "stand up" the kindle for reading hands free.
bookwormfjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 04:47 PM   #27
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookwormfjl View Post
Did you have any problems with the color bleeding onto your Kindle? I got a red one and now my Kindle is a pink & white swirl.

Mr B
The Oberon leather does not bleed (the inner is black suede and black leather like the Amazon case for all the Oberon covers). They come in corners or velcro. Here is a picture of the insides from the Oberon site. I have the velcro because I love the floating look of the Kindle.

Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 05:36 PM   #28
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookwormfjl View Post

Mr B
I had heard the early M-edge red ones did bleed, but the later ones (since June, anyway) don't......at least mine hasn't, and the Amazon Kindle discussion pages say the same thing.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 11:54 AM   #29
IndianBamu
IndianBamu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Hi everyone,

I have a silicon cover for my kindle2 to protect it from scratches and dirt.
But I'm also looking for a HARD case to add extra protection to the screen since I usually keep hard objects other than kindle in my bag.
Does anyone know if there is a good hard case that will fit kindle with the silicon cover on? Has anyone tried with the Oberon covers?

Thanks~
Bamu
IndianBamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 04:29 AM   #30
KindleFan2
KindleFan2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
Cheap Kindle Cases

I just purchased a Kindle 2 as we call in in the United Kingdom. I have seen many cases but all are expensive. I read about a company that is getting stock in the next week and the prices are very good with fast UK delivery.

They have an update on there blog here

or visit the website www.channelgoods.com
KindleFan2 is offline   Reply With Quote