Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 07-29-2008, 08:43 PM   #1
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
Convert Lit not working all of a sudden

For some strange reason my Convert Lit program just stopped working! I have been converting to .imp files. I used it the other day no problem. But today when I used it the book did not come out correctly, it came out as only 45 pages long and the pages were blank.

Did Microsoft change something in their DRM side of things?

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 08:51 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
It's a bad LIT file. Grab the version of ConvertLIT from within Calibre and see if that works. I think there's been a mod to it to fix something.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2008, 08:54 PM   #3
llasram
Reticulator of Tharn
llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassanik View Post
Did Microsoft change something in their DRM side of things?
Nope.

Are you sure the problem is with ConvertLIT and not whatever tool you are using to convert the exploded HTML to IMP books?
llasram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:01 PM   #4
llasram
Reticulator of Tharn
llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It's a bad LIT file. Grab the version of ConvertLIT from within Calibre and see if that works. I think there's been a mod to it to fix something.
If going that route, calibre now includes native LIT-extraction code -- lit2oeb should extract any DRM-free LIT file.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:02 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't know if lit2oeb contains the fix that was made to ConvertLIT 1.8. But it cannot hurt to try it.
Advert
Old 07-29-2008, 10:29 PM   #6
llasram
Reticulator of Tharn

Quote:
I don't know if lit2oeb contains the fix that was made to ConvertLIT 1.8. But it cannot hurt to try it.
Well, I wrote lit2oeb, and it fixes all known bugs from ConvertLIT .
Old 07-29-2008, 10:31 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

So ConvertLIT will remove the DRM and Lit2oeb will break down the LIT even if it's one of those wonky LIT files?
Old 07-29-2008, 10:37 PM   #8
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

DRM

It has DRM on it, it was purchased through Fictionwise, I have done this regularly for the last few months, then just converted the .lit file over to .oeb and imported it.

I tried using the Calibre program, but it tells me its DRM.

I can open the file in Microsoft Reader just fine, and it is readable, but it doesn't seem to want to convert to anything else.

Grrr. My computer is laughing at me!

Amy

Last edited by sassanik; 07-29-2008 at 10:43 PM.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:41 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Have you tried JUST removing the DRM and not exploding it and then using lit2oeb to explode it?
Old 07-29-2008, 10:52 PM   #10
sassanik
Guru

just remove the DRM?

How do I do that?

Thanks!

Amy
Old 07-30-2008, 12:20 AM   #11
llasram
Reticulator of Tharn

Quote:
So ConvertLIT will remove the DRM and Lit2oeb will break down the LIT even if it's one of those wonky LIT files?
That's the plan!
Old 07-30-2008, 12:23 AM   #12
llasram
Reticulator of Tharn

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassanik View Post
How do I do that?
Try:
Code:
clit DIRTY.LIT CLEAN.LIT
Substituting the filename of the DRMed book for DIRTY.LIT, the filename you want for the unDRMed book for CLEAN.LIT, and making sure that your keys.txt file is in the same directory.
Old 07-30-2008, 04:40 PM   #13
sassanik
Guru

??

I am not sure I understand that explaination. Sorry I am slow.

In Calibre it will open the first page of the file, but that is all. Silly computer.

Amy
Old 07-30-2008, 04:44 PM   #14
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Go hit up Google and find the site for ConvertLIT. Download it and then read the readme.txt file that comes with it. All the directions are in there.
Old 07-30-2008, 05:04 PM   #15
sassanik
Guru

downconverting

Ahh you were talking about the downconverting option. I have been using the ClitGui verision.

I tried it using the command line 1.8v

I can open the un DRM'd file in Microsoft Reader, but exploding it with Clit or Calibre still not working.

I am getting the same problem as:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18049

The exploded files are empty.

Any other ideas?

Amy