Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-20-2012, 11:09 AM   #1
zeker00
zeker00 began at the beginning.

Device: none
newbie questions

I just downloaded Mac Calibre and installed. I have a new Kindle Fire and a Kindle 1. Is there a process that I can follow to have both devices work with my single Library on my Mac?

If forum cannot assist, is there an email address for Calibre where I can send such a question?

Many thanks in advance!

zeker00
zeker00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:47 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
This forum is the official support channel for Calibre. This is where the Calibre programmer and designer, Kovid, is to be found.

Your two devices will automatically work from the same library. What problem are you having?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2012, 02:55 PM   #3
zeker00
zeker00 began at the beginning.

Device: none
I am just getting started, and did not wish to 'associate' one device and then find I could not associate the second device to the single library. So my next steps will be to launch Calibre and give it a try! Thanks.

I am also going to be adding a lot of PDFs to my library - and being able to access them from both devices will be a great help.

zeker00
zeker00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 02:36 AM   #4
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
If its any help I use a Sony PRS T1 and my wife uses my old Sony PRS 650. Our joint library is stored on my computer, and it works well for both of them - attached at different times of course. No extra programming or set up was necessary.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote